What's The *Dumbest* Thing About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Everything is based on the bible -it isnt. Prodigal son was welcomed back with open arms and a party was thrown for him. A person being reinstated has to be, be humiliated for 6 months, and then there is no applause or anything - totally ANTISCRIPTURAL. Now that is dumb

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, good one! They're hypocrites!!!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    "Everything is based on the bible -it isnt. Prodigal son was welcomed back with open arms and a party was thrown for him. A person being reinstated has to be, be humiliated for 6 months, and then there is no applause or anything - totally ANTISCRIPTURAL. Now that is dumb"

Yes great point, I agree! I like the term ANTISCRIPTURAL too-kind of sums the WT up ;)

All the best,
    Stephen

• Layla33
    Layla33

So much to say, so little time.

- Repeating the Jehovah name so much, when it is wrong, wrong, wrong.

- Letting some group of men, somewhere far away control every aspect of their thoughts, how they live their lives and who they talk to.

- That ol' 1914 date and the end of world bell ring. Come on, you haven't gotten it right so far, enough already.

- The demon obsession is one for the books. Want to scare a JW, give them a book and tell them you think it has demons. Yeah, it's just that easy.

- Those monotone singing, you give Lawrence Welk a run for his money (no offense, but even in the Bible, they had a little spirit). I am telling you Jesus would have walked after a month of that bland structured nonsense.

- Who decided the "hours" and the "time" necessary in the "field service" in order to be in good standing? And why does anyone even believe that crock anymore?

- The fact that these people still don't get that they are basically salesmen for a Watchtower Corporation and everything else is just secondary. See point before this one.

I could go on, but that's all for now.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Yes, but the English consonants for the divine name are YHWH.

How can we be sure Jehovah is the english equivalent? Who decides such things?

Wasn't the Jehovah translation the result of a mistake by a copyist, that just got repeated and kind of caught on?

I make the point because it is quite unlike the JWs to go with a mainstream understanding that is based on anything that has even a hint of a false foundation. Case in point - the cross verse the torture stake.

It just seems funny that something as important as the divine name would get an "oh well. most people recognize Jehovah to be the divine name so we are rolling with it." And that is essentially the official JW stance on the matter. I know. I am one. haha.

And since when do we take the catholic's word as an authority on anything? I have a feeling you don't agree with their take on the Trinity or Hellfire.

Just some interesting food for thought on a Monday afternoon.

The Oracle

PS: GO GIANTS!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit