Wow, I feel like an impulsive ass...

by Mincan 58 Replies latest jw friends

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

My intention was not to diagnose your particular condition. Only to bring up the fact really, that weed is MUCH safer than self prescribing drugs. If you are not concerned with the legalities, I feel weed is a much better alternative to the possible dire consequences of mix and match self drugging. I'm sorry if you took offense to the smart - assed nature of how I tried to get my point across. I just truly feel that we are being prescribed into submission.....not in all cases...but some. Have a great weekend Mincan.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

At the risk of offending, which I truly do NOT intend, I have to ask YOU: how can you ask "What do you all think?" and then take offense when someone tells you? You asked; several folks answered. True, their answer may not have been what you were looking for... or even presented as you would have had it done... but you DID ask.

I do not doubt that you have some... ummmm... "challenge"... that you are facing; truly, who doesn't? But it seems a bit over the top to me to ask a very broad, open-ended question such as you did... and then get "testy" when you receive an honest response. That really smacks of some former WTBTS behavior, for example, "read 'God's Word' the Holy Bible daily"... "whadya mean you read it in the Bible? If it's not in the Watchtower...". Get my drift?

Just my $0.02.

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I thought the story was going to end up with you 2 hooking up. Dissapointed on 2 counts! Psych drugs are bad news man. And SOOOO much worse when you take someone elses. Stop the self diagnosis immediately. Scientology is a joke, but Cruise is right in that psych meds are addictive and destructive. You can do better.

• Mincan
    Mincan
    At the risk of offending, which I truly do NOT intend, I have to ask YOU: how can you ask "What do you all think?" and then take offense when someone tells you? You asked; several folks answered. True, their answer may not have been what you were looking for... or even presented as you would have had it done... but you DID ask.

I'm asking for the opinion about the action itself, I didn't ask for people to come on here and tell me that I don't have the problem in the first place...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well, I think it's cool that you're giving up pot. But then that's from a non-pot-smoker so what else am I going to say.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    I'm asking for the opinion about the action itself, I didn't ask for people to come on here and tell me that I don't have the problem in the first place...

Re: Wow, I feel like an impulsive ass....

What do you think?

ANSWER: You're right...you are an impulsive ass.(Better?)

• Mincan
    Mincan

ANSWER: You're right...you are an imnpulsive ass. (Better?)

I suppose it's better, not optimal.

What is it with people here? Why can't they be helpful?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    What is it with people here? Why can't they be helpful?

See all posts above.

• eclipse
    eclipse
    I even said on my post that this solves my problems because I don't have to bother asking my psychiatrist to prescribe these to me if I try them (I have 4 so 4 days worth) and find out that the Ritalin does work better for me. If they do work better, then I can tell him that I've tried them before and they work so he'll be more likely to prescribe them without any question...

Maybe tell yor doc that you are taking the meds as a self-experiement so that if anything does go wrong, side effects,

he can monitor them more closely.

If they work better than ritalin, he will see the effects on you as well.

I would just say get your doc on board before self-medicating, not that I don't trust your judgement.

But I am thinking he wont have any proof that you took anything if he doesnt see the pills you are taking...

does that make any sense?

I wish you the best, and I trust that you are probably correct about your assesment, you know your body/mind better than anyone else.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mincan)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I agree Min - you get enough of that already. It's been my experience that no one really understands a situation unless they have been there.

However, do try to see that the posters who replied mean well even though it can be discouraging when someone doesn't get it.

I understand your thinking on trying it yourself and eliminating it, but I do think it is something you should leave in the doc's hands at this point. I know you do a lot of research but I worry about the combinations and starting and stopping new meds without the doc not knowing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit