Wow, I feel like an impulsive ass...

by Mincan 58 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'm asking for the opinion about the action itself, I didn't ask for people to come on here and tell me that I don't have the problem in the first place...

Again, I do NOT mean to offend, so my SINCERE apology if that has occurred. I think I misunderstood your question, “What do you all [think]," that it did not also invite responses such as like “I [think] you don’t really have the problem you [think] you have.” Well, okay. But truly, it may not have come across as you intended

What is it with people here? Why can't they be helpful?

Quite possibly, that’s what everyone was TRYING to be. Even if their attempt was not what you wanted or expected. Contrastly, it could also be asked, “What is it with people here? Why are they SO ready to take offense, at virtually every little thing? Even when they are asked NOT to?"

Answer: WTBTS and/or other "baggage."

I exhort you... let it go... and peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Minc,

I have a scientist friend that has the same type of thing you do and he would never be able to have been a scientist if it were not for the presciption "meth" . And a another friend who's mental ability really improves with it(illegal kind).

As for me,, my beleif is a drugs being made illegal by governments creates all sorts of unessasarry problems for people and is against our civil liberties, drives up the cost, and lack of purity....poor quality,,and quite frankly it really is none of the government business as to how I choose to medicate myself, and a person's freedom of choice in the choice of medication definately should not be a cause for imprisoning its citizens(think of the money we waste imprisoning these people).

Some people are so paraniod of disobeying the law, and what ever the government position is they blindly follow thinking all the time, the government really is trying to protect us, with these laws.

And I'm very sure the small quantity that you got ain't gonna hurt you if you (impulsively) try it out. Of course you have to keep in mind that I'm liberal when it comes to this subject.

• Mincan
    Mincan

I understand your thinking on trying it yourself and eliminating it, but I do think it is something you should leave in the doc's hands at this point. I know you do a lot of research but I worry about the combinations and starting and stopping new meds without the doc not knowing.

Stimulants are fast acting, and fast leaving, compounds. The half life of Ritalin is only 4 hours. After 6 hours, it is no longer in your body any longer, thus the Ritalin you took 7 hours ago will in no way interact with anything you take afterwards...

Ritalin is the only thing that I'm taking presently even though I have prescriptions for so many other things that do not help, but exacerbate other problems, or have nasty side effects, such as Alprazolam (generic Xanax) Wellbutrin XL (brand name bupropion) and Mirtazapine.

I am taking the herbal suppliment 5-HTP for anxiety, that is all, and I do not take it until bed time when the Ritalin has left my system.

Thus, trying this other type of stimulant will not interact with anything I am doing right now.

For any that care to know, I am extremely happy thus far that I have taken these, I feel this could be life changing....!

My log so far...

- Took at 2:15pm

- Felt first effects around 3:00pm I was anxious about side effects and my mind was the normal chipmunk anxious ADHD brain, then this calm came over me, and all anxiety dispursed. No side effects ever presented.

- at 3:15pm was able to notice increased concentration due to mental clarity and no anxiety. It's quite different that Ritalin. With Ritalin (it is known as the harshes stimulant for this condition, perhaps less than Adderall though) the increased focus is more a stimulated forced concentration, nice, but no where near comparison to this relaxed improved concentration. I am easily able to switch thoughts in head as is normal with baseline, but without intrusive thoughts and mental clutter. (i.e. can focus on two things at once much better)

- Anxiety gone, I feel so centred due to a lack of somatic side effects at all! No increase in heart rate, no blood pressure increases (I checked), no tics, no tachycardia, absolutely nothing but a mental clarity and calm, a slightly elevated mood because of this, and increased concentration, not focus, difference, I prefer this.

- 4:10pm It's been almost 2 hours into the dose now, if I was going to experience any side effects, they would have happened by now, peak effect of this is supposed to be within the 1-4 hour range, lasting 6-9 hours according to people here depending on your drug metabolism.
    - 5:30pm I feel so gottam normal that I can't really notice these "doing" anything to me, due to this complete lack of any side effects.

- I feel more outgoing and have more self-confidence. I don't have that cynical bitter depressive feeling.

This is really great. I have 2 days supply left (3x 15mg ER)to see if this continues.

I'm going to bring in the last spansule to the psychiatrist on the 28th, and tell him that the benefits I've received with this over Ritalin is my elimination of anxiety, and no noticable somatic stimulation, I don't think it will affect my sleep patterns anymore than is normal for me. I feel like I could take a nap if I wanted to, which would be a lot harder on Ritalin. I will also bring in what's left of my RItalin so show him I'm not hawking them or abusing them.

He will be more concerned that I have found something that works for me, rather than where I got them, If he is a good doctor ... which I think he is, he knows I use cannabis on occasion and this has not had any impact on continuation or cessession of the Ritalin. He knows that these medications replace those forms of self-medication.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Mincan you should be posting this under "experiences" at erowid.com.

GBL

• Mincan
    Mincan

Yes but that is for recreational/abuse stories.

Taking 1 15mg Extended Release Spansule theraputically (knowing it won't produce euphoria,etc) is hardly interesting to them.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Minc,

As far as the waiting to talk to your doc advice, I would like to say you can do plenty of research on the net(Like I'm sure you have done as your post seems to indicate). I think it is a shame that we just can't get these drugs without thier sign off on a little permision slip.

Anyway wish you luck! you seem to be doing pretty good hope it continues, lots of people have really benifited from this drug it is too bad the governments stigmatize this one with thier lack of forsight laws.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Thanks Frankie, and also thanks abandoned for recognising the great effect that these have on me with regards to substance abuse!

EDIT: Wow, these things can change my life for the better. I went to the restaurant to get food and I had like no paranoid social anciety at all, I was nice and polite to people without seeming cold and distant, and had more self-confidence and wasn't self-conscious in a negative way at all.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mincan, I haven't read everything here but understand the cigg reaction.....it does the same for me.

Also coffee when I can't sleep will put me out pronto.....don't know what that means, but know that us of the hyper nerve owners have different reactions to stimulants. Smoking pot use to send me over the edge. I only smoked it a few times....no tolerance. No relaxation, just hyper awareness.

Take care dear.

r.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Don't take medicine thats not prescribed for you, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever!

Does that work for you?

Just for the record I think that MOST cases of attention deficit disorder are cases of mental BS. Kind of like "multiple chemical sensitivity." You say "it helps me relax and concentrate... YAWN... Thats the refrain I here from every baker acted druggie that comes into the ER. Your an addict plane and simple. The fact that you on occasion get your drugs legaly makes no difference. You take (or took) pot. You hint that you've experimented with other drugs. You are only looking for a high. Please spare us. You want to be a druggy just be honest about it and be a druggy. I judge no one but the hypocrite! You want to inject smack straight into your eye sockets thats fine with me just don't lie about the usage or your motives for it...

• Mincan
    Mincan
    You are only looking for a high

Pot makes me high. I've never hinted at taking other drugs. I've only used pot and alcohol and cigarettes.

Stimulants, taken at my doses, has never made me high. You are ignorant and will never know how it feels to take one of these if you have this disorder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit