Wow, I feel like an impulsive ass...

by Mincan 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Mincan, first up, good on you for sticking up for yourself to the ignorant asses who don't know what they are talking about.

You sound like you know your drugs, how do these stimulants work on your brain? What parts do they interact with? I take seratonin re-uptake inhibitors, will for the rest of my life. Its OK its just like taking insulin. It helps me live life without being suicidal 24 x 7 and crying and being socially paranoid and having anxiety attacks.

As for taking these drugs without prescription, personally I wouldn't do it, I don't know the drug or its side effects and really Id want my doctor to know. On the other hand, all they do is give you the drug, tell you to take it and then come back and let them know how it went. You're just skipping the first visit. It is illegal, but people do lots of illegal things every day. *shrugs*

Just let us know how you are, and make sure someone here has your number/address.

• Mincan
    Mincan

So you got them third-hand. Bad news.

They are exactly as they are supposed to be. How they are pictured everywhere. Dark purple one half, clear on the other, little orange spansules inside the capsule. 15mg marking on the clear end, same number code and brand stamp on the dark purple end. They haven't been tampered with, and have no markings on them. And they work exactly as they're supposed to. My friend is very caring of me, and so is her friend, I know her.

I am very happy I've taken them.

Update: I went to bed at midnight last night. I haven't been able to do that in MONTHS for anxiety and restlessness. It was a very refreshing sleep (I ACTUALLY had REM sleep because I dreamed so my body wasn't in pain trying to get up this morning - ADHD people have many sleep problems). I'm up earlier than I've been in weeks.

I took another and I can't even tell I took it, it is so slowly released into the body compared to Ritalin, I just noticed the benefits. Sorry, but my Psychiatrist and support worker want me on permanent disability, but if they prescribe these to me, there's no way I'm not getting a job and feeling good about myself. Perhaps some here just don't like to see others happy after a long time in coming.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace, truly!

I want to apologize for offending you; again, it was not my intent. I most probably shouldn't have responded at all because it really is none of my business what you do in a situation like this. Well, at least, it wasn't until you made it so by your question. I could have chose to ignore this thread (as the type I don't normally respond to, anyway), but I didn't, and that was my error. I should most probably press on now, but… well, read on.

The reason I am continuing is due to your statement that, “Perhaps some here just don't like to see others happy after a long time in coming.” I am sorry, but I just can’t let that one go. The reason I did respond in the first place and as I did is because... and I am going to get personal, now... very personal... I was once married to someone who had your same "condition." ADHD. And who did exactly what you are doing: self-medicating and taking stuff that others told him would "work." Well, initially, a few of those things did appear to "work." Notice, I said "initially." Unfortunately, they eventually led to much greater... ummmm... "needs"… and increased self-medication. As someone living with him, I saw the increased need(s) as it/they occurred… and the change in behavior as a result… as did the kids. And when I LOVINGLY tried to warn him against it, his response was that I didn't WANT him to "get better."

Now, don't get me wrong - I completely believe in "for better OR worse" and "to death to us part”; however, I don't think the "worse" or the "death" meant is at the hand of the one who supposedly loves you. Nor do I believe "illness" is an excuse to be a, well, jerk. And, yes, the "illness" was ADHD. At least, that was the diagnosis and reason for the "legit" prescriptions; these, however, were virtually never taken because they "didn't work." The only stuff that did "work” (in his mind) were meds that he got from “friends” and which were not prescribed for him. Problem? The side effects (which he never seemed to notice – “You just don’t want me to ‘get well’”), including irrational behavior, depression, artificial highs, severe lows/crashes, etc., etc., which did not occur right away but either (1) when he couldn’t get anymore, or (2) after he had taken it for a bit, say, more than a week or so.

We noticed, however. Everyone else noticed. It took about 8 years (out of 16), but eventually, he destroyed every relationship he had, with everyone: friend and family. Even those who “self-medicated” with him eventually cut him loose. Ultimately, he destroyed his entire life, virtually en totale. At some point, for the sake of my children, I had to let go. Completely. Walk away. HAD to. I knew my responsibility to them was much greater than that to him. To their credit, they actually survived his "change(s)"... and to this day neither has given me a single day of trouble. Not… one… day. They are 26 and 30, both are responsible, self-sufficient, have no children (I have a puppy to fill the grandchild “void” – LOL!), etc. Yes, I am proud of them; they are the only thing in my life that I “boast” about, because they are who and what they are, IN SPITE of what they went through.

Anyway, my response to you is based on my own experience and my own opinion that if you are man enough to undergo what you are doing, you should NOT drag ANYONE else into it… under ANY circumstances… or for ANY reason. Because if and when it turns out bad… and it most probably will… those who have told you, “Sure, go ahead, do it”… will be just as responsible as you are. They… are not looking down the road… and neither are you.

I have been down that road, however… and it’s treacherous. Truly. All KINDS of snares, pits, potholes, trenches, ditches, dips and bumps. Take it, if you will, but don’t get offended if others say, "You’re going the WRONG way, man.” Because they, too, are only trying to "help."

I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Aguest I see how you were in a place where you and yours were seemingly 'not meant to be' so that no matter how sincere each of you wereto each other, things disintegrated and maybe one or both of you hung in there for the kids until it was curtains - one had burnt out and so much that afterwards they couldn't recover! Maybe you have other theories but bbased on the idea that all humans will have a happy as possible life if they find a good match for their complex persona, it is my belief that more of us should be taught to recognise when one or the other of us in a relationship is sincerely dysfunctional within the confines of that relationship for reasons difficult to fathom and to consider the option of not 'owning' each other and having more open relationships to help each other move on and explore happier futures whilst both keeping a serious interest in the welfare and happiness of any children involved.

This may sound a complicated idea but I'm sure you'll appreciate it can hardly get more complex than watching someone disintegrate whilst brainwashing themselves into trying to make something work which cannot!

I think both men and women are pre programmed in childhood by all sorts of things to go to the ends of the Earth making something work that others would see as a no brainer to failure but are afraid to say or offer advice which would be very welcome support! It's as if many in society can see problems ahead for others but we've all been programmed to let them fail and say 'I saw it coming!'

Sad really!

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yo min...

i truely hope that your doctor will prescribe this stuff for you and that it IS a life changeing event for you.

personally tho i dont take ANYTHING my doctor dosent prescribe. I never have and i hope i never will........ i also recommend that you do approach your doctor.......... and im assumeing that you have had this doctor and have used him for a while and that he is competent, for all your medication needs.

you seen well informed about the drugs but there are always dangers and the doctor hopefully didnt sleep through med school and can give you the best of care.

your here asking for opinions.............. and look at what some of us fools have written.......... our opinins dont mean s***......... your doctors on the other hand does

good luck with the new meds and i truely hope they work wonders for you

PS. if they start makeing the watchtower and awake make sense to ya..... DISCONTINUE IMMEDIATELY lol

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I think both men and women are pre programmed in childhood by all sorts of things to go to the ends of the Earth making something work that others would see as a no brainer to failure

Not all, but, yes, many are, true...

but are afraid to say or offer advice which would be very welcome support!

True again. Another truth is that such sayings/advice are not always welcome... or viewed/received as "support." Especially if it's not something the intended receiver wants to hear. And therein lies the rub...

It's as if many in society can see problems ahead for others but we've all been programmed to let them fail and say 'I saw it coming!'

Quite a great many of us also seem to be programmed to say what we think people want to hear... or we think is the "right" thing to say... rather than what is TRUE... even to the receiver's detriment. Personally, I am of the "So, now that I've told you the truth, I am no longer your friend?" class. I will ALWAYS prefer to say what it true, IF IT WILL SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE... than what is "right."

Sad really!

Indeed. Both, those who fail to give the warning... as well as those who fail to heed it when given.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Mincan
    Mincan

I think about what I've done. How I've tried a medication without prescription.

What reason could I ever give for wanting to try other ADHD medications. I just want to be on what works the best for me. I found something that works better than my current medication. Now everyone has made me feel very bad for it. They say "just be honest and say that you want a high"... you are a drug seeker.

In a way they are true, I am a drug seeker. I want the "drug" that will make me feel the most normal and motivate me to do something with my life other than live in a basement on welfare and feel like I'd rather be dead everyday. Everyone says the usual, I'm lazy, unmotivated, and everything else someone could say to suggest that the problem is just me. They are right aren't they? It is just me, whether I have ADHD or not, they say I don't try hard enough, I don't ever do, I just say I can't because that's how I utterly feel.

They all ask me if I get high off of these things. I don't. I've been high on cannabis, I know what high is. I've had manic episodes, I know what they are like. Do they make me happy? Yes, they definitely do. They relax me, I am never relaxed. They motivate me to do things because I feel relaxed and I don't think about how bad I feel, I think about what I could do. I think about school, a career, a life.

No one understands my mood swings. No one understands how I can go from being so happy and hopeful one minute to just utterly dispondant and wanting to do nothing but cry and sleep the next. No one understands how I distract myself to deal with it, how I appear to be happy when I can focus my mind on something else for 1 ****ing hour without being sad. I must be "well" then...

I have no idea what to do now. Everyone says something different. All say to be honest in some ways, but to twist this honesty.

I feel terrible about myself, I feel like a failure.

I feel like not caring about any of it anymore. This emotion they do not accept. They call it borderline "learned" behaviour. It's what my mind and body tell me. They feel horrible too. This is not me. I am not a deviant, I'm not a drug seeker, I'm not a druggie. I'm not a cokehead, I'm not an angry, selfish, wired methhead. This is what they want me to feel I am.

They keep saying, "so and so had your "disorder" and he said the same thing you do. I just want to "get better". Then getting better required taking medication that wasn't prescribed him because those things "didn't work".

Well the truth hurts, and the truth of what I've done hurts. I'm ****ing 21 years old, and I've done ****ing nothing in my life. I'm so ****ing sick of that. I just want to move the **** on. I can't do it the way they want me to. I felt that I do know myself best. I guess I can't be happy and normal. No matter what I do they will suspect my intentions.

Then I think, how are my intentions any different than any self-medicating person, alcohol, meth, heroine, oxycontin, or dexedrine spansules.... it's all the same thing.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Everything is relative babe. Some of us find it harder to deal with the relativity of life.

Some people only deal in absolutes, they are usually the people who condemn others. (by some people I am refering to A guest and the other one)

I want to give you a hug and tell you it'll be ok, but really I don't know if it will be. That kinda sucks. Just know, there are lots of people who think and feel and see life the same way you do. You're not a bad person. Relatively you are a good person. You might not be the greatest most functional prson in todays society, but there IS a way you can live and function and survive and be proud of yourself. That might not measure up to someone elses standards, fcuk them, its your standards that matter.

Hugs and warm love

Aphrodite

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Minc,

I think you need remember that some people as soon as the hear the word speed, meth, or amphetimine, they freak, or you are taking a drug without someone from the medical profession's signing a permission slip (prescription).

Why let yourself get all down in the dumps or worried because some posters have a strong opinion, that is based on fear, or down right paranoia over unauthorized use some medication. It ain't woth it. You know the drug works for you and I can tell from the experience from my scientist friends experience it keeps on working for years so that he can lead a normal and productive life, and that my friend is what really counts not getting some people's aproval on a discussion board, simply because you can't please everyone, and if you try you will wind up frustrated, and depressed. You found something that works, and it's helping you and that is the bottom line, not winning an aurgument, or following the advice or gaining the approval of for the most part posters you don't even know.

Take care my friend.

• flipper
    flipper

Well, young feller, you know how I feel about black and white thinking. Some of these posts are pretty good illustrations of that, hey? They all want to help.Everybody's an expert (especially me!) Some people believe they are giving you tough love or whatever. I've learned from dealing with years of clinical depression that when you are in it it is best to choose carefully who you share it with. Mincan you whippersnapper you are incredibly upfront and honest about yourself. This may set you up for lots of advice and criticism. But I know that your high intelligence (no pun intended) and persistence are getting you through. The infinitely wise Mrs. F .....if you choke on that I'll whack you upside the head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit