If evolution is true ?

by D wiltshire 88 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

If evolution is true and God doesn’t exist, and all matter always existed, and life keeps adapting and getting more and more advanced, conquering all problems set before its existence.

Then life should have already filled the entire universe and advanced to the point of never dying.

Am I being presumptuous?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Fredhall
    Fredhall

D Wiltshire,

Evolution is a Ding-Dong theory.

• battman
    battman

yup

• Simon
    Simon

I've expanded to fill my chair...

Evolution just explains how life forms have developed - it doesn't say that all matter always existed I don't think.

A good site is http://www.talkorigins.org/

• mommy
    mommy

Hey D,
    We just started using engines, in this past century. And flying machines still get rusty. I personally dont' feel that man has reached it's potential yet. Patience is virtue Of course you may not be around to see it, just look how much has been accomplished since you have been born.
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

I know this expansion you speak of well. Happens sometime after the age of 30.

Personally, I think I believe in Creationary Evolution.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Evolution Sucks!!!

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Life is a very rare thing, as far as we have observed. Therefore, there is very little of it in the galaxy. The universe if filled mostly with vacuum and dust and gases.

Also, the vacuum of space is inhospitable to life. It seems to only exsists on planets with some form of water and a relativley stable weather pattern, and of course, atomsphere.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

If our universe is a vacuum full of dust and gases, then we really suck and are getting all the trash from the carpet of an alternate universe.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Adam
    Adam

D,
    Ineresting question. To me the answer would seem a matter of timing. On this planet, we are only as far as we are because we are realiatively new to existance. Perhaps on another planet long long ago, another life form started and has began populating it's little corner of the cosmos but just hasn't spread out enough to reach us yet. Perhaps, even longer ago, yet another life form came to be and has advanced to the point of not dying and can transverse the immense reaches of space and has amazing powers. Perhaps individuals of this race/species are labeled "GOD" by civilizations too new to understand the level of their advancement.

Fred,
    Denying un-proven but widespread and heavily supported theories out of hand simply because they do not fit your personal belief system is a Ding-Dong act.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit