If evolution is true ?

by D wiltshire 88 Replies latest jw friends

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Julie,

So are you saying there is no such thing as a scientist that beleives in God? And so feel it's imposible to prove it?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • rem
    rem

There are scientists who believe in UFO's too. I don't put too much stock in the beliefs of others, even though some might view those people as an authority. I choose to only believe in things for which there are compelling evidence.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • Julie
    Julie

Hey there D.W.--

You made the statement:

:You also must agree that their are many scientist that are respected by their peers, who beleive that the great first cause is God.

You are insisting that we agree to this statement of yours as though it were fact. I replied:

:Really? I did not know this, who are they?

This is an inquiry into your statement. I tell you I hadn't heard this and ask you to back up your statment with some names. You replied with:

:So are you saying there is no such thing as a scientist that beleives in God? And so feel it's imposible to prove it?

Um, where did I say that? Where did I put forth any opinion regarding scientist's views of God? I claim nothing is impossible to prove, I merely ask you to substantiate your statement, the one you insist that we "must agree" with.

One pointer that may help you along in these discussions D. Wiltshire is this, if YOU make the statement as factual (and insist on agreement from other posters) it is up to YOU to substantiate the statement as factual. You could even get away with claiming it is a theory based on sound reasoning, such is often acceptable. You choose to do neither but instead answer my question with a question. A dead give away you don't have the answer to my question in the first place.

So? Can you tell me about these scientists "who beleive (sic) that the great first cause is God"? Still waiting for that answer...

Regards,
    Julie

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Julie,

Why do I have to substantiate that statement unless you are sure there are not any, so please tell me.
    If you asked that question it must mean you don't beleive there are scientist who beleive in God or else why would you ask it?
    So please tell me do you really beleive all scientist don't beleive in God?
    I mean, do you really beleive that?

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Julie
    Julie

D.Wiltshire,

I have no idea, do you? I mean, how many scientists out there really do believe in God? I would be interested to know this. How about you? Do you know? You raised the point, how about if you provide the answer to substantiate the point? I made no claims one way or the other. You, on the other hand, not only made a claim, you insisted that we "must agree". Why? What compelling evidence have you provided? You haven't even offered weak evidence for that matter. Not even so much as a "well I once read this article by a scientist guy and he believed in God...". Nope. Nada.

Julie

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Julie,

Off the top of my head Isaac Newton for one.
    Just type Science and God in your search engine.
    Try this link http://www.msnbc.com/news/259788.asp

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Julie,

Here's an interesting link

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/mysteries/html/myst.html

• mommy
    mommy

Bravo Julie I think you got D to actually start looking up info

D,
    I am curious, and ask in all seriousness. Last night I was looking at the board. You had first posted Issac Newton as the one scientist off the top of your head. Then you edited with a link a few minutes later, of instructions to use a search engine. Now, honestly did you ever look at those links before Julie asked you to prove your point? Also I am wondering if you have had a chance to look at the links I gave you.
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Wendy,
    Yes I looked up those links you gave me I even printed it ou to read at work, I haven't read all of it.
    And
    Yes your right mommy, I just got home from work and read Julie reply So I posted at the top of my head right away to her reply, and then proceeded to do a net search, and came up with that in about 2 or three minutes.
    There is some very interesting stuff I've read but would not put it up on the net, because I'm not sure if anyone is interested.
    I like it when scientist let the hair down and admit how much they don't know.
    You know the saying that many who leave cults say, "When some one claims they have all the Answers you can be positive they don't".
    That's one reason why people get involved with cults they claim to have all the answers, and it feels good to have all the answers even if it's not true.
    A scientist who admits what he don't know gets more respect from me, and a more attentive ear, because I sense honesty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit