Can the WTBTS change 1914 and survive?

by jefferywhat 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Well, it could very well be that there was an innocent error in the calculations. It could be explained that 1914 was just a typo and that the number was transposed. The real date is 1941, when the USA entered WWII. THAT was the end of the Gentile times.

So from 1941 until now, we are now 69 years into the last days of this generation.

Doesn't that work ?

Rub a Dub

• Evidently
    Evidently

Its kinda like the flash thingy from the "Men in Black" movies.......

But seriously, look at all of the changes and crisis' the organization has gotten away with over the years.......organ transplants, vaccinations, blood and fractions, 1914 generation change, 1975, pedophiles, UN involvememt, mis-quoting sources in publications, Millions now Living will never die!! etc....... and yet the R&F still blindly follow the GB and their henchmen. Its a hypnotic relationship.....witnesses are programmed to defend the org and its leaders at all costs and go into this mode much like a "body snatcher". They forego all rational and reasonable thought.

• blondie
    blondie

I figure the Catholic Church survived the Reformation and will be here years from now. The WTS is just a blip.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Even though it is the basis of their whole belief system, it will survive long after I am dead and gone.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

They are too entrenched in that doctrine. It could never happen!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Basically you have to consider the billions of humans who are yet to arrive on Earthy within th enext generation as well as those already unaware of anything about the WT. They have no way of knowing the whole roots of WT tactics. The weak and trusting will follow the baptised weak and trusting who follow the rank and file. It is why WT will in my opinion be sending their Bethelites to locations absent internet facillities but with growing economies as a business tactic to recruit from corners of identified markets.

Be sure they wont be sending them into regions full of the starving and diseased whose life is limited! Bad return for their money!!

As usual, finances control who the WT sends to paradise.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

IF - IF -they changed it would survive but not in present form - it would just lose way too much credibility

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

They don't really have to change it, anyway, do they? Now that the generation isn't a generation any more, but rather a type of people...?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

yeah I reckon it could. It would come up with some sort of complicated but stupid reasoning, the rank and file believing that this is new light would be gullible as ever, sure there may be a number that fall away (like with the 1975 Armegeddon saga) BUT the majority will stay and serve faithfully. These ones will then be commended for staying faithful in the time of the end....Armegeddon will be just around the corner - how grateful they should be to be in Jehovahs' organisation as this light gets brighter and brighter.

• ibme
    ibme

ME is of the thought that the WBTS 1914 debacle could survive IF they asked the member here on JWD to help them.

The people in the WBTS who produce the SHOW can not see the forest (total picture), because of the trees they are in. Their choice.

However, the people here on JWD have seen (their choice) the SHOW and can look back, from an outside view, an edit.

(ME think the WBTS does not want to see things from an outside view. Only what they can slant in their direction. Thus making a good show from their viewpoint).

So JWD can help the poor little business organization that is struggling to stay alive.

What do you say?

Just keep in mind that some people like their show (They have that right). While others, after seeing it over and over, find it not up to their expectation(They have that right).

For ME history has said something.

All institutions (commercial, political, religious), that have not done right by their fellow humans have not fared well.

ME’s good friend is looking on (from a higher viewpoint), and is watching the SHOW that the human family is producing. In time he will edit the SHOW.

ME will just have to wait and see what he produces.

In the mean time ME will enjoy ME’s fellow humans shows (hoping ME lives long enough to see them all), that have been produced and will continue to be produce.

By they way.

Me is part of the SHOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit