The Word of the Day is Inculcate

by GoddessRachel 37 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Gopher, it seems as though we had the same thought at the same time.....OOOOPs, sorry brother, SAME THOUGHT..

NMG

• Dagney
    Dagney

{{{{{shiver}}}}}

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

LMAO at nomoreguilt. Sorry, "Brother". LOL!!!! I was just sharing my pain with you. Isn't that what this board is for? I can't suffer alone!

Most other versions say "impress" or "teach diligently" there. Note also the male orientation of the NWT ("son" instead of "children").

Deut 6:6,7

NWT: 6 And these words that I am commanding you today must prove to be on your heart; 7 and you must inculcate them in your son and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.

KJV: And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

NIV: These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Gopher, you are so fast. Thanks for posting this! OMG, I never realized that the NWT made its translation MORE sexist! Even the King James Version says "children"! Why am I even surprised?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Nomoreguilt -- In accordance with your screen name, no apologies were needed!! Actually my post was a response to yours. (I copied your idea. So I owe you ... not an apology, but a beer.)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Duplicate. Never "inculcate" the enter key twice into your keyboard, or you could get a migraine.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

OHHHHHHHH Gopher! Yes, you are so fast indeed. Still ROFLMAO!!!! Brother, indeed!!!

Let's break out a case, and do a little HEAVY INCULCATING!!!!!!!

What a trip we are.....

NMG

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

calix is heel I thought - 3rd declension masculine in LATIN - Calix, Calix, Calicem, Calicis, Calici, Calice in singular through the cases and then Calices, Calices, Calices, Calicorum, Calicis, Calicis through plural declension of the cases - with in literally under the heel - or impress with the heel

• unique1
    unique1

Who would have thought one little word could bring back so many memories? Especially since the word itself is not evil.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Back to the WORD!...INCULCATE....To a young jw it means..To tear the flesh off of your body. Sear the image of the wild beast into your little brain. Paint images of wicked people being devoured by fire at The BIG "A".

Anyone else care to take a shot???

NMG

• snowbird
    snowbird
    literally under the heel - or impress with the heel

Which is exactly what the WTS does - grind you down until there's nothing left - if you allow it.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit