The Word of the Day is Inculcate

by GoddessRachel 37 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

Isn't that the word of the eons. I seem to hear it a lot from the podium.

Though they should call it what it is ad nauseum.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    What about "redound?" Does anyone remember that one?

I remember. It always irritated me - same as "spiritual banquet."

Sylvia

• llbh
    llbh

Headship = subjugation, first of our the ladies, then the guys to the wts. I never liked the idea, still don't.

regards David

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Headship = subjugation, first of our the ladies, then the guys to the wts

But David, don't you remember the fine illustration -- if two people tried to grab control of a ship's steering wheel, then the ship would veer wildly. Therefore (non sequitor), the MAN must be in control of the family !

• llbh
    llbh
    if two people tried to grab control of a ship's steering wheel, then the ship would veer wildly. Therefore (non sequitur), the MAN must be in control of the family

Yeah gopher most of their illustrations and analogies were are non sequiturs. It the truth does not fit make it. that should be their motto

David

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I like the way they put it in My Big Fat Greek Wedding: The man is the head and the woman is the neck. The man thinks he is making all the decisions of the family but it's the neck who turns the head.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Also, I'm glad I live in a world where I can take turns steering the g*dd*mn ship with my partner! Neither one of us ALWAYS wants to make decisions! It's nice to lean on one another.

Oh, poor, poor stuck Witnesses.

• llbh
    llbh

Complementary another word that was turned upside down, it was often used in this context.,This was a synonym for being subjugated .

regards David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit