Other Than For "Apostasy", Should You Have Been Df'd By Now?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I was looking on youtube for Ella Fitzgerald (Ain't Nobody's Business but My Own) or Alvin Lee (Ain't Nobody's Business) when I came across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n7EEcv5bIw&feature=related which was such a great blast from the past that I am posting it although it doesn't really have anything to do with the subject at hand.

• monophonic
    monophonic

eh, who knows, they define loose conduct so .....loosely.... it can be for whatever reason they want.

smoking cigars, but i know many pioneers and bros who were in good standing and doing that every once in a while when i was still in....but i didn't participate at the time.

other than that, oh, they tried to get me on what i do for work, which is a creative profession, and they don't take kindly to anything that can have a rated-r tag to it.....so being in the public and promoting certain things, they'd be up my ass about.....and were years before i left, when i denied my profession for some years to appease the short-jealous janitors.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

and yet I remember years ago having dinner with a CO, DO, and a composer who worked in the movie industry, but was also a JW. They talked about how evil the industry was and how it was controlled by "homosexuals" but there was never a hint that he ought to get out of that industry. This was at one of those conventions in Dodger Stadium. I don't remember how I wound up in such august circles, but it was very interesting. I imagine it was OK for him to work in that evil industry because he was rich and he was buying (a very expensive) dinner. I was a nobody little pioneer and it was the most wonderful meal I had ever eaten - I still appreciate that. Wish I remembered the composer's name.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Well I wasn't baptised, so what do they do then, when it's a clear cut case of something seriously wrong and the person isn't sorry at all?

I actually don't think I've done anything I could be disfellowshipped for if I said I was really sorry and wouldn't do it again. Lose of priveleges sure, but hey who minds that?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I worshiped the sun (by celebrating Christmas), even having decorations placed throughout the apartment where they could be seen from outside. I bought a Ouija board and Crisis of Conscience. And, among the Christmas decorations are numerous crosses.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There's a small laundry list. But I suppose the most minor infraction can be used against anyone

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yes. through fornication, drunkenness, gambling & celebrating Christmas. I'd have been definetely kicked out by now.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

1. too many mind blowing orgasms

2. Tried drugs

3. went to a different church

4. celebrate christmas, birthdays and anything else I can

5. smoked for a little bit - genuinely didn't like it - I smoke hubbly though.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I guess worldly attitude would do me in.

At each assembly in the past couple years, I didn' t think twice about using more than one towel when noone was looking.

Like a worldly person, I didn't feel bad about it later.

Rub a Dub

• JK666
    JK666

I was disfellowshipped as an alcoholic trying to get sober. It is a matter of opinion.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit