Blood

by Aleman 131 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aleman
    Aleman

I am getting away for a moment from Congacs forum to talk about what I have reaserched about the blood topic.

Blood is composed of a liquid called blood plasma and blood cells suspended within the plasma. The blood cells present in blood are red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.Plasma is predominantly water containing dissolved proteins, salts and many other substances; and makes up about 55% of blood by volume.

By far the most abundant cells in blood are red blood cells. These contain hemoglobin, an iron-containing protein, which facilitates transportation of oxygen by reversibly binding to this respratory gas and greatly increasing its solubility in blood. In contrast, carbon dioxide is almost entirely transported extracellularly dissolved in plasma. White blood cells help to resist infections and parasites, and platelets are important in the clotting of blood.

Due to Bible-based beliefs, One should not eat blood or accept tranfusions of whole blood or its four major components namely, red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets (thrombocytes), and whole plasma. People Should be instructed to personally decide whether or not to accept fractions, and medical procedures that involve their own blood.

Leviticus 17:11 says "the life of a creature is in the blood." Also we read; "He shall pour out its blood and cover it with earth. . . . You shall not partake of the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Anyone who partakes of it shall be cut off."— Leviticus 17:13,14.

Genesis 9:3-6 says "Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU . As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU .Only flesh with its soul—its blood— YOU must not eat.And, besides that, YOUR blood of YOUR souls shall I ask back. From the hand of every living creature shall I ask it back; and from the hand of man, from the hand of each one who is his brother, shall I ask back the soul of man. Anyone shedding man’s blood, by man will his own blood be shed, for in God’s image he made man."

Blood had a symbolic meaning. It stood for life provided by the Creator. By treating blood as special, the people showed dependence on him for life. Yes, the chief reason why they were not to take in blood was, not that it was unhealthy, but that it had special meaning to God. Deuteronomy 12:23-25 says: "Simply be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the soul and you must not eat the soul with the flesh.You must not eat it. You should pour it out upon the ground as water.You must not eat it, in order that it may go well with you and your sons after you, because you will do what is right in Jehovah’s eyes."

In a day of war when the Israelites ate meat with blood, their commander pointed out that their course was still a grave wrong. "So they told Saul, saying: “Look! The people are sinning against Jehovah by eating along with the blood.” At this he said: “Y OU have dealt treacherously. First of all, roll a great stone to me.” After that Saul said: “Scatter among the people, and YOU must say to them, ‘Bring near to me, each one of YOU , his bull and, each one, his sheep, and YOU must do the slaughtering in this place and the eating, and YOU must not sin against Jehovah by eating along with the blood.’” Accordingly all the people brought near each one his bull that was in his hand that night and did the slaughtering there.And Saul proceeded to build an altar to Jehovah. With it he started altar building to Jehovah. -1 Samuel 14:33-35.

Acts 15:28,29 says: "For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU , except these necessary things,to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU !”

I could carry on and on because there is alot more information of this topic and perhaps I could answer personal questions, if any. But for now I guess this will do. But then again, perhaps not.

-Aleman

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

So......what's your point aleman?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

WT always qualified the "eating" of blood as being any form of intake into the body.

Blood is symbolic, and a metaphor in the scriptures. Other than being banned as food (ingested for nutrition) I dont see how anyone could stretch a religious proabition against medical use of blood the way the WTBTS does

~Hill

• mouthy
    mouthy

You sound just like me when I was a JW....You didnt answer my e-mail. Your going to quote all the WT stuff about blood again

IN THE BLOOD IS THE LIFE!!!! Jesus died for us to LIVE MORE abundently .You can keep quoting WT LAWS as long as you like on here my love. We KNOW the TRUTH & IT isnt in the Organization of the WT...... IT is in Christ The WAY! TRUTH! LIFE & YOUR GOD said "LISTEN TO MY SON"
    I know how difficult it is to learn we are NOT UNDER LAW!!!! we are now under LOVE the GOD of Scripture.

It is wonderful that you are here trying to educate us but I think most on here were educated in a false theory for many years ...It will be very difficult to "win them back" to WT LAWS!!!
    Mouthy. But keep posting my friend It is GREAT to read you

• Aleman
    Aleman

Tell me this then, since the Bilble says to treat the blood of an animal with respect, does this mean God treats only animal blood with higher authority than blood of man? Is the blood of animals more valuable than your own blood to be packaged, stored, and used on patients along with food and water?

-Aleman

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Thank you so much aleman!!! I feel truly enlightened. BUT I guess as it usually is with the Bible, you can interperate it any way you want to fulfill your needs.

As I nearly died and left my precious family because of the Society's stupid stand on blood, that was one of the first things I researched and studied in my path to freedom. My feeling is this: It was the life that the blood symbolized that was prescious, NOT the blood itself. If an Israelite ate an unbled animal, that he had not killed, he was merely unclean and had to be ceremonially cleansed. Much like a woman who had given birth or had her period. Not eating blood was a way to keep them apart from the nations who ate living animals, clearly not bled and a cruel practise at that.

After reading Acts 15 in entirety I came to the conclusion that abstaining from blood was in an effort to not stumble the Jewish Christians who were struggling with coming away from the Mosaic Law. It was not a law for all men.

So you shared with us, I shared with you. Why are you here anyway? You could be disfellowshipped for it, even if you are using it to count time. It must have been too cold this morning for field service. That's why God made long johns and boots.

momzDetails

I just read your most recent post. Had to add: I can't think of a more sacred way to use blood than to save a life. Since we don't have altars and such these days.

• Aleman
    Aleman

Actually, I don't count time doing this, I only do it to obtain information and diffrent points of veiw (Like gainning amo for war). After all, I am still researching and learning as long as I live. (You must think I'm a nerd or somthing) but I am a soilder of truth, justice, love, and strength.

-Aleman

• JK666
    JK666

Okay, after reading everything you espoused, explain to my why blood FRACTIONS are okay? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

JK

• 5go
    5go

Remember organ transplants are cannibalism. Oh wait! Sorry, there was new light on that.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

that thing in Leviticus... about pouring blood on the ground and not storing it.

taken at face value that order makes the use of factions or one's own blood a direct violation.Yet the WT says thats a concience matter. When the Wt waffled on that issue it helped me start on my way out.

Transfusion can be done body -to body with no storage if needed. The WT his behind some erroneous and very old data about blood feeding the body as a nutrient -therefore blood IS food.

Science has know this is not correct for years and years.

anyway? what is your point.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit