To whom do you MOST feel the need to justify yourself?

by Abandoned 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Is it your parents? Your spouse? A religious organization? The leaders of such? God in heaven? Or yourself?

I don't know if I justify my actions to anyone anymore, but if I do, I guess it would be myself.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am an opinionated peacemaker. I believe in the adage "live and let live" as long as no one is getting hurt. I hate the thought of hurting anyone myself so sometimes I can be a little conflicted about voicing my opinion. I am not afraid to shout it out loud if I see someone hurting someone else or being mean. That I have no tolerance for. Sometimes that can cause hurt feelings.

I only have to justify myself to myself but I have no problem apologizing and explaining my point of view when necessary.

• new boy
    new boy

Adondoned

The only reason to justify anything is if you are making some kind of stand on any given subject. The need to feel "right" about something. The ego wants to be right. To "justify" its self.

So I would have to say no one. Since there is nothing I need to "prove" or "be right about"... to make myself feel better...

And since I have been so wrong about just about everything in life so far...how I make any kind of stand on anything?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

A & A.......Thank you very much..... A girl after my own heart....100%

NMG

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

nomoreguilt

Did you mean "A&W"?

BTW - thanks for the update on your profile.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good for you A&W. Sounds like a kind way to be.

I see what you're saying new boy, and I sure know what it's like to mess things up. I do think that I justify myself to myself though.

Hey NMG, she is a wonderful, caring person. Good luck.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

All my family are deceased except my siblings. Two are 2500 miles away, one is dying of AIDS, and the other has disowned the rest of us (all his woes are not due to his bad decisions, it's all our fault). I have no one left to justify anything to except my wife and kids and myself! Maybe this is why atheism was so attractive to me in my teens- early 20's and is so attractive now...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Sounds like you could use a ((((((((((HUG)))))))))), The Last Nephilim.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I guess maybe my husband. My kids expect me to to them, but NO. Sometimes they forget I am mom, they are kids. I got really sick of it with growing up and the borg. I automatically used to but I am over that.

momz

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Abandoned -

Hey NMG, she is a wonderful, caring person. Good luck.

I would like to point out that this poster is MARRIED so there is absolutely no reason to wish him "good luck". I do however appreciate the compliment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit