To whom do you MOST feel the need to justify yourself?

by Abandoned 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Is it your parents? Your spouse? A religious organization? The leaders of such? God in heaven?

They need to justify themselves to me.

I have laid down the challenge......they just side step, lie, change the subject, etc.

Cheers

Chris

• oompa
    oompa

my exwife....mother of my two sons

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    Is it your parents?

No, i'm not a minor.

Your spouse?

I'm not married.

A religious organization?

I've had enough of religion.

The leaders of such?

Certainly not.

God in heaven?

Not sure if he even exists.

Or yourself?

So it must be me then.

• Elysian
    Elysian

Me and Myself. I'm my greatest judge, jury and executioner. I don't need approval or disapproval of a third person to tell me if I screwed or did well. And what would be the point of it all anyway?? If you cannot live up to your own standards how can you ever live up to somebody else's?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I have found the need to justify myself, even to myself, decreasing dramatically over the years.

I also noticed that even in a one-mind tribunal, there's often a turning point where the question (accusation) shifts back from the questioned (accused) to the questioner (accuser). Which may relate to the above.

And, against the oft-mentioned etymology, I have felt that a new sense of responsibility begins where the need to justify oneself ends.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I have found the need to justify myself, even to myself , decreasing dramatically over the years.

I also noticed that even in a one-mind tribunal, there's often a turning point where the question (accusation) shifts back from the questioned (accused) to the questioner (accuser). Which may relate to the above.

And, against the oft-mentioned etymology, I have felt that a new sense of responsibility begins where the need to justify oneself ends.

Bingo!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Stilla, primarily? Who is the secondary person you justify yourself then?

WT=watchtrouble: Nice name.

Black Sheep, why do they have to justify themselves to you if you don't have to justify yourself to them?

oompa, is that your choice or hers?

lfcviking, that makes sense.

If you cannot live up to your own standards how can you ever live up to somebody else's?

Elysian, good point.

Narkissos, excellent reasoning.

lonelysheep, ditto.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit