My Comprehensive Introduction

by Fadeout 27 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Good for you Fadeout!

Glad to see you have an open mind. Isn't that a refreshing change?!

I love Dumb and Dumber. Also into Futurarma. A sense of humour is a valuable thing.

Be good....... or be good at it.

FF

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Except for the fact that I am a geazer in his 40's & married, I could probably be a
    great friend of yours. Your views on Ray Franz and life sound very well in tune with
    my thoughts. I am fading like you, so we won't be hanging out together too much.

Don't be hard on Ray. He was writing and researching from a Christian
    point-of-view and was heavily influenced by his missionary work. I also say that I was
    in a mind-control cult for 2 decades, so I could be wrong again, so I never criticize the
    beliefs of others. Even JW's- I understand their beliefs (wrong, but understandable).

Thanks for such a good intro.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    And yet, this man, who saw through the elaborate WT deception, could not follow his arguments to their logical conclusion and see the Bible itself for what (I feel) it really is—a great work of human literature.

I'm 100% with you there.

I also like how you said life isn't fair or cruel, it just is. Seeing and navigating the fluctuations of life unfolding, working with what is and not against the current part of the cycle. That's why Taosim appeals to me.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

You seem like a really interesting person. Welcome!

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

Welcome ... relax and enjoy your stay ... OH and by the way, you are FREE now so please go find a date. Male or female it doesn't matter but it seems like you might could use a little lovin'. Just my $.02.

Smiles

• unique1
    unique1

Welcome to the board.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome to the board

• watson
    watson

Older quiet guy here. Welcome to the board. Nice intro.

(Call me "neap tide.")

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

Wow! Deep.

I would say our views are similar.

Watch the alcohal thing. You mention it several times and in view of Dad's problem you may be prone to alcohal abuse.

That would be bad and it would be a shame for such a bright insightful person as yourself to be impared.

Fred.

www.isnrblog.com

• observador
    observador

Welcome Fadeout! You seem to have a lot to share with this community.

And yet, this man, who saw through the elaborate WT deception, could not follow his arguments to their logical conclusion and see the Bible itself for what (I feel) it really is—a great work of human literature.

I believe he's smarter that we think. If he had written what I think he really thinks the Bible is, we probably woudn't be here. But that is just my gut feelings.

The #1 rule if you hope to enlighthen a JW is: Don't attack Jehovah, or Jesus, or the Bible. Attack the organization using their own holy book. Overtime, the person will reach the proper conclusion about the Bible by himself. I have used this rule - and seen some friends using the rule - with some success.

Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit