How Do You Deal With Stress & Depression?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Knock on wood....I don't get stressed nor depressed anymore. I've come to know that I am right where I am supposed

to be at any given moment in my journey. If something isn't right and is causing me to feel unbalanced, I address the

issue consciously. Why is this making me feel this way? What am I supposed to learn from this experience? What

can I do NOW to alleviate this problem? If I can't do anything, I accept that. If I can, I do.

When faced with an obstacle you can do one of four things: Fight it head on, find an alternate way, retreat, or do nothing.

Figure out which is the right way for the situation at hand, then have FAITH in your choice.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Bicycle riding, Disassociation, Compartmentalisation, Projection, Cannabis, Ethanol, Prescription Drugs, meditation, writing, reading, watching comedy, masturbation (when neurotransporters not the cause of "stress and depression) and other things...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Stress and depression, thats the human conditon.

Winning the lottery would help. You have to buy a ticket.

Not many win.

The best way to deal with it I know of is diet and exercise.

If your depressed some say thats your body telling you to get up and get going.

Have a plan to make your life better, work it.

Write down your goals and become a heat seeking missle targetting in on them.

Those are my favorite ways.

Other very popular ways are go to your doctor and get Zanix, prozac, or paxil for those who like to treat their stress and depression while remaining on the couch watching the tube.

In all fairness I do know people who take meds and are very active in living their life and pursuing their goals.

And the meds help them. I hear sometimes when you are depressed you become immobilized.

So I would have to say in this day and age meds can be very effective and probably life saving.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

By playing the WEREWOLF GAME.

Come sign up now! New game starting in a few days.

• minimus
    minimus

I compartmentalise, myself.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I am in the time and place of my life that I cannot seem to deal with it.

In time, with patience, and with luck - I'll do better.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

50mg of Zoloft, 12 Dos Equis Ambers, Motorcycles, and realizing that that shitty religion I used to belong to is a lie.

I feel better already.

sooner7nc

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I am in the time and place of my life that I cannot seem to deal with it.

In time, with patience, and with luck - I'll do better.

Me too. I'm finally getting the therapy I need to deal with this crap. I know I need it because I keep running into the same crap over and over. I know it has to be me. So, I'm FINALLY going to get to the bottom of what keeps me making horrible decisions. I hope you find what you need to do as well.

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo
    but what I do is just close down the day and go to bed.

I do that too, sometimes it helps, sometimes it makes things worse.

Yoga

Listening to music on my headphones, this works best for me

Knitting

Taking a brisk walk outside

Sex if I'm stressed, cuddle with hubby if depressed. Usually sex is not on my mind if I am depressed.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stress - well some stress is good for you. Majot stress I just have top go travelling - crazy as it seems with all those lines at airports, it actually relaxes me.

Depression -well that is a bitch - but really vigorous exercise - doing heavy weights at the Gym helps with that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit