How Do You Deal With Stress & Depression?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

60 mg Cymbalta.

Crown Royal.

Sneaking a cigarette and enjoying the fresh air outside.

Talking a walk.

Bubble bath.

Good book.

Closing my eyes and counting to 10 or 30 or...whatever it takes to make my kids quit yelling.

momz

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I feel Depression, Anxity, and other mental disorders go hand in hand. I have found docs that treat this. Self medication is not the answer. Whether it be ethanol, cannibus, or some other excape chemical these have legal ramifications. My doc gives me plenty of ativan for sleep. which seems to level the moods ( not enough sleep irritable). As for depression I'm not treated.What I am treated for, is ADD. ADDEROL Class II drug seems to cover a multitude of sins. Feel my self going down, start doing Adderol pains go away renewed energy and focus.

This drug was used by the militaryWWII for pilots so they could 48 hrs w/o fatigue! Watch the movie Salton Sea it will explain it.

Try not to use it for long periods tho.

For those with questions I'll try to answer.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Yeah, Adderall is a racemic mixture of 4 amphetamine salts. lol.

I prefer Ritalin (methylphenidate) to any of the amphetamine based stimulant ADHD meds because it only blocks the re-uptake of dopamine and norepenephrine, rather than actually binding to the receptors.

• flipper
    flipper

Mrs FLIPPER likes to hike in the high country mountains , swim in the river, she does rock work- making walkways and patios with rocks.She enjoys bizarre comedies- Borat and Life of Brian. Also enjoys reading and lots of sex with you know who !! Hanging out with Mr. Flipper who in her words is , " very good at diffusing stress ! "

Mr. Flipper also likes to hike in the high country mountains, swimming, fishing, golf, listen to music in car and at home on stereo , plays scrabble with Mrs. Flipper and plays doctor with her too, ( ya know the lots of sex thingie ! ) It is really relaxing ! Also Mr. & Mrs. Flipper drink Merlot and Chardonnay wine most every night for relaxation ! So , a combination of these things really helps ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

A great thread Minimus ! of the ( let's all de-stress class !)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Adderall is a racemic mixture of 4 amphetamine salts. lol.

And of course having a racemic mixture rather than the pure laevorotatory form was what caused Thalidomide problems

• Mincan
    Mincan

on the contrary, is it not the d-isomer that is most beneficial for CNS stimulation? 25% of adderall is the l-isomer, the other three are d-isomers.

The same with Methylphenidate-based mixtures, Focalin is the d-isomer isolated, apparently the most underrated ADHD med out there right now.

• chickpea
    chickpea

instead of Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors, i have found 5-HTP ( 5- hydroxy tryptophan) a product extracted from the griffonia seed, and a precursor to serotonin (which has been found to be as effective in mild to moderate depression as SSRIs) has helped me get thru incredibly stressful events, incl the emergency detention required for my younger son after an attempted su!c!de and the r@pe of my then 16 YO daughter.....

i have been diagnosed with clinical depression and chronic PTSD ( as a child i was abducted and SA'd, as well as SA'd by my father and a cousin and had a physically/emotionally abusive alcoholic mother.... yeah, that could add up to traumatic).......i have never used pharmaceuticals for depression..... instead i have used 5-HTP and various essential oils for mood issues and tried to incorporate physical activity as well as using full spectrum lighting in several areas of the house where i spend any appreciable amount of time..... the pineal gland which synthesizes serotonin into melatonin requires full spectrum lighting

ohhhh, yeah.... and i just passed my 18th year of recovery from substance abuse..... only 2 more to go to have been sober as long as i was a wastedoid... w00t!

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

As with problems there pluses. I have the positive Thalidimide does. My B' s fil has multimiloma bone cancer it has kept him viable for 10 yr +.

• dedalus
    dedalus

Hahahaha!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Todays' lifestyle is very stressful especially if you are married, have kids and are working as well. Time is very precious BUT you need to make ""me time"" A time when there are no phones, the kids should get busy with playing, the husband doing what he needs to do and you take a moment for yourself, and even though time is precious you can make it - you've got to want to make that me time.

Leave work stress at work.

If there is nothing you can do to change something accept that and move on. If you can change it, put little things into action so the change can happen.

Financial stress - if you are battling to make ends meet, budget!!!! Phone companies and tell them you can only pay x amount. Try cut back one or two things.

Don't sweat the small stuff - many people stress over trivial crap - what does my hair look like, do I look okay, what do people think of me, am I pretty enough - get a reality check people!!!!! Don't worry what people think about you, especially those that aren't close to you.

Take a huge dash of humour with everything.

I can honestly say I am very stress free.

Depression - you need to identify if you're creating that for yourself, some people actually like being depressed (even though they say they don't, they always create situations that allow them to be depressed) Just don't allow for it in your life and if you do find your moods are constantly down, go to your doctor in case your hormones are out of sink.

I guess what I'm saying is that YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE. Sure somethings you can't control but YOU CAN CONTROL HOW YOU REACT to things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit