How Do You Deal With Stress & Depression?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Great responses here!!

Drinking seems to be a good stress reliever, huh? Cheers!!!

• megaflower
    megaflower

I workout on a daily basis. I combine and aerobic workout(run 3-4 miles) with weight training. It helps to clear my head so I can think more clearly. The end result you are able to deal with things in a calmer fashion. I believe that physical fitness goes hand in hand with mental fitness.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I usally get in the hot tub and turn on the radio and just soak and relax. It's my "me" time where I can just close my eyes and think about things.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm surprised no one's mentioned sex as being a good method to reduce stress.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Yeah minimus..That works for me too....

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Sex is good

Dismembered

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

• I try to change or improve whatever situation is causing me to feel that way, if it can be done.
    • Let out my cries at some point rather than hold it in.
    • Look at things and people for what it is, and attempt to accept the way it/he/she is. That's hard.
    • Drink.

It's supposed to be, and I wish it were.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

What's that? W

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Sold my business, became semi retired. Now I work casual, including some background performing (acting) , and I am soooo much happier.

The crime I had to deal with, being self employed, killed it for me.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I agree with the exercise. I was pretty much having regular meltdowns until I started to exercise. Aerobics yes, but IMO, resistance made a bigger difference.

I also try to remember something a counselor once told me. "We overestimate the danger, and underestimate our ability to handle it". I try to think about that when I am starting to stress.

One more thing. I once read that the very best thing you can do for your health, is have at least 2 or 3 close relationships, and connect with them several times a week. Talking it out, trying to find the humor in most situations, really helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit