ten pounds in ten weeks week one

by Hortensia 60 Replies latest social physical

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi everyone

Haven't read the posts on the other thread yet - will do so asap. In the meantime, had a long day myself, did not got for a walk, worked nine hours without a break! Busy day, had breakfast, only a yogurt for lunch, was glad to come home and have a bowl of cereal. So, Saturday I have to make sure I walk - will be in a better place for a nice walk although we are expecting heavy rain.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ah the imperial system. How quaint!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you would rather lose 4.54 kilos? OK by me!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Hortensia

which one of the links would help me calculate the amount of calories i need for my activity level, age, etc? I clicked on one but they wanted all kinds of info .

• beksbks
  • Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Is this where the WEEKLY WEIGH IN will be? Do we celebrate our losses on Monday?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

yes, let's weigh in, so to speak, on this thread on Monday.

I know a lot of the websites ask for too much information; I just make up something. They don't need to know my name and age for me to learn what I want to learn. Originally, I just googled "how many calories should I eat" and got a lot of websites. I liked calorieking.com best, but there are lots of nice ones. About.com has some pages with info for calculating how much you should eat, caloriewise.

Better day today, I walked 28 minutes (timing it on my cell phone) and did 30 minutes light weights. I'm satisfied.

Hope you all had a good day too.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'll have to weigh in next week. But, I walked another 2 miles today....despite a very bad head cold. And, homemade veggie soup was almost all I had today.

Skeeter

• Namaste
    Namaste

My official weigh-in at WW will be on Tuesdays, so I'll post last

I did go to a meeting today though so I didn't have a missed week. Had great news on the weight-loss side, but I'm hoping to get a bit more by next tuesday and will post when I have the final number.

I was at 23 points yesterday and today. Staying firm to that number through next Tuesday and then I'll ease up a bit.

Continued success to everyone!

• Namaste
    Namaste

Hortensia, I saw your question about Weight Watchers on the other thread, but thought I would answer here.

The WW program has changed over the years, so someone that did it 5 years ago will find a different program than what they originally used.

They have 2 programs now, the Flex plan and the Core plan.

On the Flex plan, every food has points based on the calories/fat/fiber. So an items with 150c/4fat/0fiber would count as 3 points, but an item with 150c/2fat/4fiber would only be 2 points. They start you off with a booklet with hundreds of food items listed along with an easy cardboard calculator that will allow you to input the information from any nutrition package to find out the points per serving.

The Core plan has you eat from a Core Food List and then gives you additional points for the week to use on items not on the list.

The WW leader made a good point today about the fact that the program helps you learn to eat the foods you already like to eat, but in the portion size that is appropriate. I don't cook much differently for my husband and son than I did before. I still have all the same meals with them. I may increase my veggies and measure and weigh the main course but I'm not cooking separate meals. I can't do that for the rest of my life so why do it now?

I do all of my logging into my food journal online. I signed up for the monthly meeting pass (easiest way to go I think if you are committed to losing weight) and get the online tools free with it. I'm on the computer every day anyway so I might as well take a few minutes to enter my food information each day and keep myself on track.

You can usually go to a meeting for free to check it out but can't get the materials until you sign up. Their website has a lot of information that you can review and find a meeting near you if you are interested. Weight Watchers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit