ten pounds in ten weeks week one

by Hortensia 60 Replies latest social physical

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

checking in - I did not exceed my calories except one day - on average though I stayed within my calories all week. did over 200 minutes exercise - my goal is 150 minutes a week. BUT I still didn't lose any weight this week - I'm at the same place I was last week. I'd be really discouraged, but I looked at the four week total and over 4 weeks, I've lost 4 pounds - it's just that damned plateau again!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I went to the doctor today for a check-up. I am down 7 lbs from Dec 17th. I can't tell a difference in my clothing, but I have almost no appetite. Of course, I have been seriously stressed.

• Mincan
    Mincan

All I can emphasis for all you people wanting to lose weight is not to overdue the cardio, only do as much as is enjoyable. The main exercise should be anerobic, build up your muscles, tone them, whatever, not only does it raise your metabolism for several hours afterwards, but the increase in muscle size and weight will keep you losing more calories as your BMR will be increased.

And, too much cardio will deplete your muscle eventually, ever wonder why professional racing cyclists have huge ass legs and very small upper bodies? They couldn't keep upper body muscle if they tried!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Lighten Up team member here.

I just got back from the weigh in. I WEIGH A LOT and I'm 38.5% FAT.

The trainer suggested sitting on my excercise ball when on the computer or watching T.V., I'm going to try it. I love my excercise ball, it really stretches those muscles.

Mincan - you are a darling and knowledable about everything. Thank you for your support.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Do you happen to know what your BMI is A&W? I know it's not an acurate measure, but it's a start. I agree with Mincan completely on resistance exercises and cardio. I worked out with a personal trainer last year, and it was fantastic. The scale weight came off slowly, but I dropped a size in no time.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hortensia? Is it possible to start another thread for week uhhhhhh what is this? And maybe we could do a chart of loss ?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'll start a thread and call it week three. I don't know how to do a chart, except maybe to copy my chart off calorieking and paste it here - don't know what other folks would do.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'll start a thread and call it week three. I don't know how to do a chart, except maybe to copy my chart off calorieking and paste it here - don't know what other folks would do.

Here's the next thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/26/150815/1.ashx

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I lost 2 pounds! Since December 1st, I'm down 6 pounds. Did not run today, had to work a 16 hour day. Now, I'm vegging out with you guys.

Skeeter

• Mincan
    Mincan

Wow, that's insulting, this thread thinks you guys need advertisements "4 idiots"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit