I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO GROW UP IN THIS "SYSTEM"

by rache31 50 Replies latest jw friends

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

I never thought my two daughters now 18 and 22 would grow up in this system. Now I'm about to be a grandmother this year. Go figure.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Like many of us in this forum we shouldn't even posting here, because we should be at " WT's paradise" this time.

Me too I didn't plan for my future. My dad was C,O. and a Gilead graduate, so you can imagine if I had any plans. I also pioneer for 6 years, hoping that Armageddon would save us. Unfortunately nothing happened, like all the rest of WT's promises regarding the end of the world.

I hate WT. Because I quit what I liked most. Music. I was a good guitarist, and when I started I had some chances to do something. But we all know how does WT view entertainment. Unless you are Prince, or George Benson. Michael Jackson, to use them as bait to catch others in their cult.

I'm trying to survive for many ways now. Unfortunately my wife she is brainwashed pawn, and at the end she turned me to the elders for apostasy. Divorce was the only solution, since there was a great tension between us.

What I hate most is the fact that my 2 little kids are with my jw wife. I wanted to give them a NORMAL life. Without the fear of the big A. And when I listen to them repeating the same bullsh*ts we used to 30 years ago that the end is near, and very soon we will be at Jehovahs paradise, and all this crap, I just can't take it.

Because of WT's policy many of us have only high school education, or even quit high school for pioneering because the end was so close. Unfortunately we are living in a competitive world. Cleaning windows and toilets can't make ends meat. Now at the age of 40, without any basic aducation I work for the last 10 years 3 jobs to survive, no weekends, no holidays all the days look the same, and I hardly find any time for my self. The funny thing about my self is I can do pretty well many things, and I can imagine what i could do with my life if only I had the chance to study.

WT has destroyed our lifes, has destroyed our parents lifes and now our childrens lifes. WT has been promising to us a fake paradise in order to keep us under their power and control, and they are lying since the days of Russell 150 years ago.

• rache31
    rache31

Thanks everyone for their comments. I'm sorry that we have this shared experience. At the same time it is comforting. Why? Because we are here and we are making our lives our own!

• oompa
    oompa
    31: I used to be so angry but now I find myself laughing at all the bs I was told. (maybe a coping mechanism) I'm so thankful that I can move on with my life, seeing that I did grow up after all! And I can teach my sons some practical things about life and living it to the full. Just a thought I was having since I am thinking about going to school...

Boy do I relate. Laughing is a good idea. I try to also identify with people in third would countries that can probably not even identify with the great opportunities and lifestyles we have wound up with being raised dubs. We were deprived in many ways and survived, so many of them are not so lucky...............oompa..........wish I was 31 I wouuld be back in school, but I am thinking of a job change

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

thanks for sharing your experience Justhuman. I can feel your pain dude. Hope you still get to enjoy time with your young children.

• endlosung
    endlosung

My mother was not supposed to graduate, I am now 46 yo. LOL being wrong does not mean anything to these idiots.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

It was always "so close". Every little event in the world was a signal that the end was coming... anytime now. I wasn't supposed to grow up in this system either, and I guess in some respects I still haven't, but I'm working on that. :)

• Honesty
    Honesty

Over half of the JW's who were writers of the Watchtower litterature in 1975 are DEAD.

Just like the current writers of the Watchtower litterature will be in 30 years.

How many older JW's did you hear say, "The New System was already supposed to be here."?

Now where did they get an idea like that?

BTW, every single one that told me that...

ARE DEAD and GONE

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

I didn't think so either, but eventually, I got over it.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Not so much myself but my own children.

We married 1974. Our first child was due to be born in October 1975!!! (good time )

Some JW's would say "Fancy having a child now." "The time will be terrible when he is born."

Of course "the date" came and went. Then it became "he will never go to school in this system"

Then it became "The end will be here by time he finishes school"

Then "The end will be here before he gets married."

He is now 32 and married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit