I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO GROW UP IN THIS "SYSTEM"

by rache31 50 Replies latest jw friends

• rache31
    rache31

Oh, how many of us heard that we wouldn't make it to graduation or get married in this system? I thought I wouldn't grow up. No one talked about preparing for the future. I didn't think about college, only pioneering, and I didn't save money. Passed up opportunities to advance on my job, turned down overtime because it interfered with meetings. I used to be so angry but now I find myself laughing at all the bs I was told. (maybe a coping mechanism) I'm so thankful that I can move on with my life, seeing that I did grow up after all! And I can teach my sons some practical things about life and living it to the full. Just a thought I was having since I am thinking about going to school...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((((((((Rachel31))))))))))

Boy can I relate to your story. I wasn't raised in the borg, but I gave up everything to honor their fictious god. Hopefully we'll be able to get a class action lawsuit against them some day.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Man! I can realate. I was never supposed to start school, never supposed to graduate, never supposed to get married yadda yadda yadda.

BB

• XOCO
    XOCO

i was not alive in 1975 lol sorry, i missed the part about not getting married or having children in this system of things. in my opinion ppl in my hall are poppin out kids left and right so i assume it was not mandatory or anything. but the after HS thing an elder consulted me with that.

No one talked about preparing for the future

of course they did, we told u 2 pioneer, attend the meetings and donate 2 WBTS and above all to rely on jah put his kingdom 1st

turned down overtime because it interfered with meetings

I know XOCO would not pass up a promotion but i just can't stand wk overtime where they don't give u a shift differential

And I can teach my sons some practical things about life and living it to the full. Just a thought I was having since I am thinking about going to school...

i knew that u were a supper nerd

XOCO

• loosie
    loosie

My mother told me ever since I was around 10 that I wasn't supossed to go to school in this system. I started school in 1975. Now my daughter is in Jr high school.

Iguess that is why my mother enrolled me in a JW school instead of normal public school. I guess Jah would protect a witness school in case armageddon came while I was in school.while destroying all the worldly kids in public school.

weird thinking those jw's have.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    31 y 8 m 22 d

Aren't you glad armageddon didn't come in 1975?

W

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Yeah, it's sad isn't it...

I think about all those that did take the advice of not advancing in their career, getting married, having children, etc. Now there are so many that are unhappy and lonely, and for what??

I'm glad that I was smart enough to continue in my education and to start a family. I couldn't imagine my life without my son!

• XOCO
    XOCO
    my mother enrolled me in a JW school instead of normal public school.

WOW their are actually schools like this 4 dubs? how come i did not attend one of these schools? can someone enlighten me here

XOCO

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I wasn't supposed to graduate from high school because "this generation" of 1914 was to come to an end right around my senior year of high school. Then, the year after I graduated, they changed their doctrine so now "this generation" has the potential to last forever. Oh well. I guess it's a good thing I didn't listen to them and I went and got an education and a 401K plan, huh? I might be an old bastard before "this generation" comes to an end. When they said "Millions Now Living Will Never Die".... now I do have faith that might be true. I didn't believe it at first, but just the other night, I was watching the ball drop in Times Square and who did I see?? That's right! Dick Clark! HIS old ass is still alive and he has to be about 1,000,000 years old. So, I guess if he's still alive, there's still hope! (yeah, right.)

• knock knock
    knock knock

Well, they were right on my account. I STILL haven't grown up!!! Ain't gonna either. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit