I Am Legend JW email

by Descender 42 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Maybe the JWs are so insignificant that no one could be bothered to destroy their building.

• Liberty
    Liberty

None of the buildings are destroyed in the movie except the ones Will Smith blows up fighting vampires at the end. The bridges were blown by the military to seal the city off for quarantine but there was no war to destroy the buildings. This was a virus emergency (as someone else pointed out) not a war so the Watch Tower buildings look like all the other buildings. JWs need to actually see the movie before they jump to these idiotic conclusions.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    None of the buildings are destroyed in the movie except the ones Will Smith blows up fighting vampires at the end. The bridges were blown by the military to seal the city off for quarantine but there was no war to destroy the buildings. This was a virus emergency (as someone else pointed out) not a war so the Watch Tower buildings look like all the other buildings. JWs need to actually see the movie before they jump to these idiotic conclusions.

Highlighting for re-emphasis!
  • outofthebox
    outofthebox

Your brain see what you want to see and filter the rest. It is all about pattern recognition.

-ootb

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

What a load of crap! So what's the big deal if the WBTS building's still standing ... look at how many others are standing!!!!!!

Why do they talk about things they haven't a clue about?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

They actually did destroy the building in the pre edit stages. Then they received a nasty letter from WTBTS lawyers threatening to sue if they destroyed it. It took two days of filming to get the image we see now.

Power is wonderful.

momz

• changeling
    changeling

I saw the movie. Yes, I saw Bethel in the background. Big wooptidoo, it's a famous landmark and it sits just on the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge, so it's in a lot of movies and TV shows.

Most buildings in the movie are intact. The bridges were destroyed to the people could not leave, otherwise the city was fine. Oh, and all the people (including bethelites) are dead.

changeling

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

They actually did destroy the building in the pre edit stages. Then they received a nasty letter from WTBTS lawyers threatening to sue if they destroyed it. It took two days of filming to get the image we see now.

Power is wonderful.

momz

That so? Where'd you find out about it?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    The funny thing is that the building would likely be unaffected - as it was a virus that killed all the people.

My daughter saw the movie and said that none of the buildings were destroyed; but New York City was deserted. It's kind of like the scene in "28 Days Later".

• momzcrazy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit