Will Carnivorous Jehovah Establish A Vegetarian New World?

by TMS 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

As usual, you miss everything. I'm simply presenting the picture the Watchtower has painted over the years. The reader can decide if it makes sense or not. Why are you worried about what Paul or Jesus Christ have said on any subject if you don't believe the Bible? This is a Jehovah's Witness Discussion Board. We discuss what JW's have been taught and the rules and requirements of the religion among other things. You impress me as a person who is needlessly argumentative, whether you have a point to make or not, sort of a poor man's devil's advocate.

tms

1.) you know that not everyone on this site are Jehovah's Witnesses let alone ex-witnesses and it is a public forum.

2.) This is an ex-Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Board not a Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Board. Any Witnesses found on this board would be disfellowshipped as you know.

3.) Presenting another points of view from the bible is apart of a bibical discussion which you posted.

4.) If you want to disprove the bible as false then be honest and state your purpose don't hid behind the noble idea of helping Jehovah's Witnesses.

5.) if you posting on a public forum then you are opening it to different views rather you agree or disagree with them.

6.) The statements you are making in your post (not all them) apply to more then Jehovah's Witnesses as you know.

7.) If your theories are correct you don't need to resort to personal put downs.

8.) nobody missed anything I chose not to go a long with your onesided predetermined mind-set. Perhaps someone would be interested in what the rest of the bible teaches on the subject, that is, context.

9.) I don't know what a poor man's devils advocate is? Perhaps there is a richman's devils advocate as well? Please enlighten the poor man.

• blondie
    blondie

Interestingly, the WTS pictures of the "new world" always show a vegan setting when showing food, nuts, fruit, vegetables, not even cheese or eggs. Yet I know many jws that insist that humans will eat meat and fish and will still be hunting animals. Will tigers be eating straw? I always wondered why Abel killed sheep; did God tell him. Why was that better than vegetables...just a Jewish story.

Too many jws would not want to be vegetarians.

• tika
    tika

Sorry to digress a little, but this thread just makes me think of my observations of the eating habits of the JW's I know. They have no regard for their physical health... it's almost like, "hurry up and feast on anything you want... the end is near!!" I know other people besides witnesses have food issues, as I've had my own , it just seems like a prevalent attitude in my MIL's family and congregation anyway. Now many of them suffer severe health problems because of this. I think it's kind of funny because they pride themselves on generally looking younger than the rest of the population of people their age. I have sat at the table of a couple of elders who could inhale food with such force I was frightened for my own personal safety....Haha.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

*** w61 12/15 pp. 766-767 Questions From Readers ***

So, if the Bible itself does not give any answer to these questions about those creatures lower than man, it does not mean that there is no answer to the questions that is consistent with the Bible.It simply means that we are not to preoccupy ourselves with such questions. One big fact we must remember: that we humans are living and all these birds, insects and other animals are living in a system of things that has obtained since Jehovah God legalized man’s eating animal flesh minus its blood. Accordingly, if man has been eating animal flesh and insects for four thousand three hundred years and has teeth that can be adapted to eating such solid food as flesh, it is not strange that birds, insects and other animals should be also living on flesh that they hunt for and catch.

-This reasoning makes my heart sink. Average JWs have real questions about things that are important to them, and they are basically told that "Yes, the Bible has answers of course, but we shouldn't try to look for them." Basically; "wait for Jehovah". How many of those can you have in the back of your head before you start doubting the larger issues?

Also - - - in other words (for the yellow marked text) - - - "it is not so strange" that animals have adapted to live on flesh during these last 4300 years...? Evolved, if you will? Super evolved, even?

Some female spiders eat the male they have just copulated with after the 'act'. How did they 'adapt' that behaviour?

*** w61 12/15 pp. 766-767 Questions From Readers ***

All those creatures, human and subhuman, were able to live without flesh for a whole year inside the ark. Why could not every one of those living creatures live without flesh during 1,656 years prior to the Flood, or back to the time when God specified to Adam and Eve in Eden what he had given to earthly creatures as food? And if they could subsist that way during the first 1,656 years of man’s existence, why can they not return to that way of life and keep living that way during the thousand-year reign of Jesus Christ and then for eternity? During his millennial reign Jesus Christ as King will have control over animal, bird, insect and fish life as well as over human life. He will regulate it according to God’s will and for the good of all creature life on earth. So we should not think only of the post-Flood side of the question and leave out of consideration the pre-Flood side of the question as if it had no bearing. Let us take the Bible position on the subject and not over-occupy ourselves with merely incidental matters to the extent of wasting time, thought and peace of heart and possibly stumbling ourselves into the camp of the godless evolutionists.

More importantly, you idiots; -If all animals had been herbivores during these 1656 years prior to the flood, why the %#¤# couldn't they remain herbivores after the flood!? What was Jehovah's reason for letting humans and animals suddenly eat flesh, when they had lived happily on a vegetarian diet up until that point?

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Putting the bible's teachings into a physical application will always come up short. Nothing in the teachings of Christ dealt with the physical application of a spiritual kingdom.

JW's approach all the teachings of the bible from a legal physical stand point worshiping in truth and spirit mean nothing too them. Faith to JW's is nothing more then a legal term analysis to fit into a doctrine.

To take the spiritual blessings of the bible and fit them into a physical reality is an nonreality. The spiritual application is the reality according to Christ. There should be no suprize regarding idiocy of JW's doctrine - remember you are dealing with attorney's in sheeps covering.

• carla
    carla

Anyone remember the 'meat tree' someone here made in photoshop in response to this same question a few years ago? very amusing!

• sinis
    sinis

Here is my take. I have mentioned before that the oldest texts are Sumerian and refer to two brothers (gods) in charge of Earth. Enki (later associated with Satan) was creator of man and animal. Enlil (associated with Jehovah) made the earth and the garden. Due to family heirarchy the youngest brother Enlil was promoted to a higher position (hmmm sounds a lot like Jacob and Esau). A rift ensues and Enlil becomes the god over all of Earth and its creation. Yet, Enlil dispises man, the creation of his brother.

If you are both immortal you will never hurt each other. What better way than to hurt the things that matter, such as your creation. Why did Enlil not like Cains offering? Perhaps because since he created earth and vegetation it meant very little to him. Why not ask for blood and each time it is offered it is a slap in your brothers face? The "sweet odor" could perhaps be another term for revenge. Why did Enlil say that Adam would work hard for the ground and sweat, if he did not have control over the Earth, and vegetation?

So you see Enlil (Jehovah) has doubley fucked us for he cursed the ground as he had dominion over it and continues to hurt man and animals through the sheer fact of bloodhshed (which will not stop) as a means of seeking revenge against his brother Enki (Satan).

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Jehovah will have to do a LOT of reengineering to both change animals habits, as well as change their anatomy. My housecat's entire digestive tract is built to break down high protein meat.

This "evening meal" is giong to be looooooong. Have any idea how long it will take to have the current aniaml population eat 7,000,000,000 people? Man, is it going to stink to high heaven!

Let us take the Bible position on the subject and not over-occupy ourselves with merely incidental matters to the extent of wasting time, thought and peace of heart

Oh, if only they could apply this to every subject...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    At first(until the flood) no meat could be eaten.

I would like to see that statement substantiated. I always believed it as a JW.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    ...and so the WTS perpetuates the Augustinian myth of egocentric "creation", delegating that all living things in the Universe serve the needs of man.

HS: What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculties! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals! And yet to me what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me- no, nor woman neither, though by your smiling you seem to say so.

BTS.My lord, there was no such stuff in my thoughts.

merely part of the evolution of this planet, then we will see a different world.

Part of the evolution you say? Aye. But not merely.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit