Let's Talk About NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

by jayhawk1 31 Replies latest social family

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Do you attempt to set a new years resolution or several?

In the past, I have not. This year is different, I guess. My wife and I decided this is the year we get serious about our personal gluttony of stuff. We're hiring an auctioneer in the early Springtime and selling off items that aren't clothing, essential cooking items, our cars, or our house. As the going out of business sales say, "Everything must go!" Sure we're keeping other things too, but I think you get the idea.

To start this process rolling, I have been working on moving all remaining tapes of movies to DVD. DVD discs take up less room and are much easier to store. I'm having a little trouble with the ones that are copy protected, so if you have a suggestion, I want it. I'm thinking about trying to copy the copy protected tape to another tape and see if it will then copy to DVD.

A second resolution is to continue to pay off debt. I think by May I will have the Sallie Mae student loans gone. That will leave about 16 more months to go on the rest of our debt.

What do you think and what are your own personal resolutions?

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

My resolution...smile more often.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I already made mine on CoCo's popcorn thread - I'm going to make popcorn from scratch - hopefully not blowing the house up or burning it down in the process

Shouldn't be too difficult for me to keep!

• jayhawk1
  • tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

My new year's resolutions for 2008:

1) Complete reading CoC

2) Get my wife out of the Borg.

Keep me in your prayers!!!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Now that's a couple of great goals!

Must add... buy a new CoC book. Every time I buy one, I give it to somebody else.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

1. loose 20 pounds. 2. read 15 books. 3. Make more money. 4. Pay off one credit card 5. Buy a new car 6. Increase my life insurance 7. Increase my 401k 8. buy more savings bonds 9. Travel more 10. Visit 10 museums

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Getting rid of junk sounds like a good resolution to me too.

Also I resolve to go to more protest or peace rallys, and work towards limiting the power of the state and give it back to the people, using more intelligence, and creativity towards that goal.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

loose some weight and get back in shape....those Plavex adds about those "take-charge" guys getting laid-low by a little blood clot have my attention.

~Hill (fat man-of-action guy class)

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

new car!!!!! yeah, nothing like some materialistic goals to get the ball rolling this year!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit