I am getting sick of these emails

by loosie 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• chickpea
    chickpea

evidently, the assumption is that without the 'glow' of the loving embrace of the congregation, life is just one big miserable experience..... ( we DID hear this analogy from the platform in a public talk once, and i remember the elder/study conductor using it on more than one occasion to illustrate the peril of failing to associate with the "friends")

kinda hard to push the pap when life outside the borg is more satisfying, more exciting, more genuine, less contrived, less judgmental, and just plain more affirming than that which was experienced inside the confines of a cult-generated society

definitely, avail yourself of the luxury of SPAM blocking!

• Hermano
    Hermano

LOL at Elsewhere. So true.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    This was obviously written by an elder.

And obviously he was Brother Francis Ford Crappola .

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Moral of the story burn your watchtowers and awakes for that firey sermon!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Now this one story works. Once the fire consumes all the fuel, all that is left is swept away. Watchtower wants people to burn hot and bright and use all their lives serving them. Good story!

Heard this story several years ago, maybe during a talk, or the Service Meeting.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Yeah I thought people couldn't forward those stories either. I also had to block some really annoying person who loved to forward shit like this. It was very irritating!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The little coal that got tossed back into hell..Hopping Devil........Makes you want to rush right back to the Kingdom Hall!!..All Praise..........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

MORAL OF THE STORY: If you want to keep that fire burning, regularly add new lives as the old ones get consumed.

• loosie
    loosie

I'm gonna reply back to her that hubby and I keep the fires burning and we haven't been to a meeting in 3 years. That will stop these emails.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

That sounds like the perfect shepherding call to me. Complete silence. My mom doesn't send me her stupid ones anymore, or any others for that matter. Just piss off the sender and they will stop.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit