I am getting sick of these emails

by loosie 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Subject: Fiery Sermon

THE FIERY SERMON member of a certain
    Kingdom Hall, who previously had been attendingmeetings regularly, stopped
    going. After a few weeks, an elder decided tovisit him. It was a
    chilly evening. The elder found the man at home alone, sittingbefore a blazing
    fire. Guessing the reason for the elders visit, the manwelcomed him,
    led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited. The
    elder made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence,
    hecontemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs. After someminutes,
    the elder took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightlyburning ember
    and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone. Then hesat back in
    his chair, still silent. The host watched all this in quiet
    contemplation. As the one lone ember'sflame flickered and diminished, there was a
    momentary glow and then itsfire was no more. Soon it was cold and dead. Not
    a word had been spoken since the initial greeting. The elder glanced
    athis watch and realized it was time to leave. He slowly stood up, picked
    upthe cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the
    fire.Immediately it began to glow, once more with the light and warmth of theburning
    coals around it. As the elder reached the door to leave, his host said with
    a tear runningdown his cheek, "Thank you so much for your visit and
    especially for thefiery sermon. I shall be back at the Kingdom Hall next
    Meeting. Moral We need the warmth of our brothers not to be
    alone and cold.The fire in us WILL return

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

If you are sick of those emails, block them. I do!

• carla
    carla

I've heard something similar years and years ago and I believe the jw's stole it from Christendom. Not a big surprise I 've seen that a number of times where they take some Christian story and give it a jw spin and claim it as their own. What else can you expect from them?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I would suggest the same as AVNG - some email software can be set to dump emails from selected addresses straight to the deleted folder ratther than into a junk folder - so you'd nrver even have to look at them

• loosie
    loosie

Yes I should block them. This person is one of the 4 people who don't know that I am out. I did reply and told her that this story isn't true and gave her 3 links to other websites that quote that same story.

Awhile ago when I was in, the soceity said not to forward emails because you aren't able to verify the story. But that doesn't stop this woman.

• BIG D
    BIG D

send her one of the un , where the society is a card carrying member!!!!!

big d

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Correct Carla. Came out about the same time as the one about the 'invisible' angel protecting the sister while witnessing to a potential murderer. All plagiarised.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are several solutions. First and simplest, mark it as spam. If it gets blocked by your spam filter, they can waste their time typing them and sending them, and not get any results.

Second, a reply to them with your own original illustration. If you can find the faults of the stock illustration they use, by all means tear it apart. You might even come up with your own illustration to throw back in their faces. They cannot block it as spam, since you are replying to their own emails. (Besides, they might think they have gotten through to you, and will not know otherwise until they open and read the message).

Additionally, you can keep posting them. They hate it when they send a stock message or argument and have it get posted on an apostate forum. Others can then analyze it, and they can rebut it. Hopefully, others will see the stupidity of the stock arguments and illustrations.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Send her some useful links and ask her if they are true.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Guessing the reason for the elders visit, the manwelcomed him,
    led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited.

This was obviously written by an elder.

I never knew a single JW who was happy to see an elder show up at their door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit