I am getting sick of these emails

by loosie 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

It's probably cold comfort - as opposed to a warm acknowledgement - but these kinds of icky-sticky sermons are the bread-and-butter of all sorts of Christian religions. Just tune into any of the many TV-preacher and you'll soon be swamped in metaphors and anecdotes. My view is anyone who "falls" for these syrupy messages, deserves the fate that awaits them when they "fall' back into line.

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I heard that the fiery ember fell on the carpet, burned up the house, the elder and the guy.

Thats why I'm a deist and no longer a Jehovahs Witness. Entertaining little stories that can be interpreted a million ways.

www.isnrblog.com

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

just hit "reply all" and say... Well pretty much ANY of the reponses that you've gotten!

Won't be long and you won't get them anymore!

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

SOME Christians DO send junk like this drivel... sappy, soap opera stuff.

I am a Christian and I HATE it.

I had one friend who wouldn't quit filling my in-box with krap and I finally

changed my email and wouldn't give her the new one.

sacrebleu

• loosie
    loosie

Well I replied back to her saying that this isn't a true story and sent her a few links with the same story from different religions. She said well it's still a good analogy. I said well no the analogy could go both ways. once the energy that the embers is used up they burn out and then their ashes are swept up and thrown in the trash.

Yeah she'll think twice before forwarding me an email again.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

That's how it's done. Good job!

momz

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Well I replied back to her saying that this isn't a true story and sent her a few links with the same story from different religions. She said well it's still a good analogy. I said well no the analogy could go both ways. once the energy that the embers is used up they burn out and then their ashes are swept up and thrown in the trash.

Yeah she'll think twice before forwarding me an email again.

Nicely put, Loosie!

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    If you are sick of those emails, block them

That is the thing to do.

• loosie
    loosie

It worked. she hasn't replied to since I sent her the embers swept into the trash analogy. it's been a week!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit