Disfellowshipped

by LadyCCC 63 Replies latest jw friends

• LadyCCC
    LadyCCC

Iam now as what was announced at a recent meeting that Iam "NO LONGER A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" All of my family and friends are witnesses so this will ailenate me from all of my friends and family. But I feel like I don't want to go back. I really hate the feeling of isolation and shamefulness while Iam sitting in the meeting, what's the point of it all. The elders don't reach out to you and give any spiritual guidance and support during the most spiritually weak time of your life. You are told that you are disfellowshipped and what you cant do and make all your meetings and thats it. I feel depressed and if I didn't have my work to keep me busy I think I would allow the depression to take me over. I grew up as a witness and never experienced such isolation before in my life. I feel that I should just move on, seek God and spirituality and make new friends and leave this religion behind. They throw people away as if you don't mean anything, but consider this as a loving thing; I just don't see it as loving. Personally it makes me feel angry.

Any one out there been disfellowshipped? How did it make you feel when at meetings?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I know how you feel....stick around, you can heal here.

Welcome to the Board.

purps

• LadyCCC
    LadyCCC

Thanks, I need lots of healing.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've never been disfellowshiped but I thought if you repent and go to the meetings they wouldnt disfellowship you.

So my question is if you are going to sit in the meetings why did you get disfellowshiped in the first place.

I always wondered that about people who got dissfelloshiped.

Or maybe it doesnt work the way I think it does.

• LadyCCC
    LadyCCC

Well, actually I committed a immoral sin, I confessed and I was disfellowshipped. My family told me to accept it and come back quickly; so I started going to the meetings, but sitting there feeling like S**** because people are looking at me and wondering what I did (just like you) and I am basically invisible while Iam there, so now Iam wondering why am I still here

• purplesofa
  • *summer*
    *summer*

Welcome to the board, Lady...

You will find comfort and understanding here:-)

*summer*

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to the board.

Stick around you'll find lots of great advice and support here.

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Lady CCC

I really feel for you the disfellowshipping bit is truly awful, pernicious and destructive of relationships. Having said that would people who really love you behave in such a way? Answer they do and that is sad.

I am a "successful" fader who expects any day now to be df.for posting here. I have close family in out of the truth.

As you read posters hereyy ou will find many who have been in your position, many da and faders like me. We are friendly bunch here so i know you will find help.

welcome

regards llbh

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I would hate going to meeting and people looking at me that way.

I am still in, but if I ever get df'd......... I dought I could put up with that s&&t!

hope your family looks at your heart, not your bible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit