Disfellowshipped

by LadyCCC 63 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

good luck , and hang on!

• dinah
    dinah

Welcome, LadyC,

I was df'd when I was 18. It made me feel lower than dirt to attend the meetings. I did though. They told me the same thing. Make it to all the meetings and write a letter to get re-instated. They also said there was no specified time that I had to wait.

Well, I wrote a letter requesting reinstatement after 6 months of not missing ONE SINGLE meeting. They said not enough time has passed. I simply quit going after that.

I'm happy you joined us.

• LadyCCC
    LadyCCC

Thank you all for the encouragement. I truly need it during this time. Iam normally a person that rarely get depressed or discoraged, but Iam fighting these feelings. Iam afraid that I too may write a letter to be reinstated after 6 months only to be denied. This has been my life for so long that I feel lost and disconnected. I know these feelings will pass one day but for now I just have to deal with it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Any one out there been disfellowshipped?

Yes I was after 25 yers. I was devasted ...Wanted to kill myself.... But listen my friend ,,,,If you stick around here you will heal.
    I was kicked out because I confessed I never believed Jesus came invisably in 1914..
    .My daughter & grand-child shuns me.
    Many years later they (BRO"S? )called to see if I would like to be reinstated. I was so happy it was many years later.... I think it is because they were working on getting the 1914 date erased eventually.
    ...Because if it had been a couple of years after they ousted me I might have gone back. Because I missed all those I loved as JW'S

This religion is not the truth. Ask any on here how they know that NOW!!!! Many are not believers in a GOD.
    But for them to be FREE TO think independantly is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT
    My advice as Granny on the Board. Is dont throw Christ out with the dirty water THEY put HIM in

Jesus said HE is the WAY! Truth! & you can have LIFE in him. We should not have listen to that false Shepherd the Watch Tower who called herself MOTHER.... We were told to pray to OUR FATHER!!!!!.

• zanex
    zanex

hey....df'd here for over ten years and that feeling doesnt go away..it just gets duller...with occasional blurts of extreme anger...gets easier with time tho...somewhat..its all a matter of perspective...

-Z-

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Welcome to the board! You will love this board and you will post many more.

• CHILD
    CHILD

I have never been disfellowshipped but I am angry for you. I have always hated the hypocrisy in the organization. Please take the time to grow and heal emotionally.

You feel disconnected because your allegiance was to an organization and that organization only has the power we allow it to have. You don't need the organization. Take away its power over you and it becomes nothing.

• LadyCCC
    LadyCCC

Thanks all for the kind words. But how do we know that they dont have the truth. I keep asking myself will I be caught off guard at Armegeddon and be destroyed. Who really has the truth, its so ingrained in me that even though i dont like it I still wonder if Iam making a mistake

• Purza
    Purza

Yes, I have been disfellowshipped. In fact it happened when I was 18 and my whole world was wrapped up in the JWs. Going to the meetings were pure torture. My mother saved me a seat in the beginning, but then the elders told her not to do that. It took 11 months for them to reinstate me. And once I was back in, my relationships with my "friends" were NEVER the same. At times I wished I had never gone back.

Some go through the motions to get reinstated and then walk away. I wish I had done that. Instead I jumped back in for 12 years until I faded in my early 30s.

In any event, if you have any friendships with worldly people, please cultivate them now. Try to pull yourself away from the depression of going to meetings to please others. Once you start having more "normal" friendships, it will be easier to pull away.

My heart goes out to you as I know this is very difficult.

Purza

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

LadyCCC, you have PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit