I AM LEGEND!!!

by primitivegenius 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

And I kept looking, weren't there some shots of Watchtower buildings in the movie, when he is at the pier looking at the bombed out bridges?

well that was the highlight........... bet you couldnt see any difference....... zombies before ........... zombies after.... bet their reports went up and they converted the entire island.......... gives new meaning to EVENING WITNESSING. lol

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

ok......... you got a guy who is a military man.. so hes familiar with both computers and weapon systems........ they are also planning to leave him behind..........

so why dont they make him a hardened labratory.......... first floors inpenatrable with steel that those zombies cant peel off like tin foil. if i were fighting zombies i would not only set up claymores around the inner area....... id set three or four outer perimiters as well. how about some automatic guns...... SHOTGUNS. now since they are claiming the core body temps are higher than humans............ they could be programed to shoot things at that high temp.

a danger i felt was the tall buildings and how sunlight can never reach the ground except during noon hours in places.

ok .......... grenade in the end........... STUPID....... there was a hole he coulda thrown it through........... but where were the rest of the grenades he woulda had access to? look at blade for instance....... that bastard was a walking armory........... and his hideout reflected just such a thing......... all sorts of crazy guns that one would carry and some that were special use only. your not gonna be running down the street with a .50BMG but you might need to snipe something from a couple miles away.......... there you go.

in a situation where you might at any time be attacked ......... i would have a s*** load of grenades and a couple pistols PLUS an assault rifle. i also wouldnt tear a$$ around manhattan in a shelby cobra............. while trying to hunt deer............. surely by then you would know their patterns of migration and could find a good place to climb up and snipe them as they went past........... made for a few good scenes tho so it was alright.

they never explained why he poured water or bleach or whatever that s*** was on his door steps and clothes.......... i can only assume that it was to take the scent off so he couldnt be tracked. they also didnt explain why that one crazy monster kept after him............. i again can only assume that it was to get his girlfriend back after will smith captured her.......

you would think that smith woulda said......... he intentionally exposed himself to sunlight....... thats weird........ im not sure what that means......... yet he says that their minds have completely broken down cause they did that. now later you see that ambush that was set up........ ok the first abberation and now a second........... i dont care how crazy i am getting im gonna pause and think WTF.

so they kill his dog............ thats some bulls*** right there....... but if thats the only companion you have......... leave his ass in the truck. now he goes nuts........... well was a short trip..... smith was playing crazy quite nicely already.......... i woulda set up bombs to remote detonate to take tons of them out if that was the case. he almost dieing and seeing that crazy directing the attacks............... coulda soooooo been his rival.

i was expecting it to be a showdown between him and the evil zombie king or whatever....... then they never developed it. in the end........... he cures the zombies............ and the girl that i am assumeing caused all the fighting........is laying in the secure lab that is being broken into by the zombies............. why didnt the zombie leader stop them when he saw that his girl was OK? that woulda shown that some how there was still intelligence there.............. not that he didnt show it already. now if the leader woulda decided that the girl was no longer one of them they coulda eatten her and maybe her blood woulda cured them......... thats gross but who knows. or the leader coulda said for the other zombies he so OBVIOUSLY contolled......... stop let me find out whats going on......... thats my girlfriend and she dosent look so worse for wear....... shes a frigging zombie for christsake lol.

the zombies were to superhuman........ they shoulda explained that due to the virus there immune system is supercharged and they heal quickly and some how that makes them move faster and be stronger or something........... instead you expect better zombies than the mindless slow walking ones that just never stop..........but you dont expect ones that can damn near fly up walls and punch down steel doors. some of the best things about zombie movies is that they NEVER quit. i like a better grade of zombies but these theyjust relyed on to much CGI.

and his house............ its two bloodly clean.......... with to much high grade stuff....... now lets face it......... if you had to build up a fortress for yourself......... and dureing daylight you can get anything from anywhere in new york city............ your gonna have some high end s***. that damn house looked like he had martha stewart for a damn maid. i woulda expected each and every drawer to have a gun in it........... and rifles to be leaning in every cornor JUST IN CASE.

then in the end......... he pretty much just chooses to die.......... he coulda fit in the damn hidey hole...... and thrown the grenade out the little hole to take out the leader and his minions............ but he didnt........... they coulda at least had the hideout be to small for the three of them........ then i would have understood his decision.

i would have prefered to see the zombies breach his defenses......... then its cat and mouse in a retreating situation. and truely show the defenses his house had built into it. have those stair wells collapse when the zombies reached there....... then some how they are able to climb to the next one so he fights them and fights them untill he drops the next stairwell. have places where flamethrowers shoot out to discourage pursuit......... just a buncha defenses............. as it was there was more defense in home alone than in this movie.

the part about god sending the chick............... was total bulls***............ think the script writer was a witness............ gods gonna destroy 99% of the world and birds will eat their corpses.............

i just wish they woulda gave some more back story about who smith was..... and why he was the one to save humanity. make him someone that worked with the doctor and junk like that.

all in all........ it just didnt cut the mustard........ that movie coulda been totally awesome....... instead it was like aliens versus predator................ you got a bad a$$ story line............. a pyramid under the ice.......... and special effects out the wazoo.................. but the story wasnt developed enough. in the end............ your depressed...... hero dies...........NEEDLESSLY

again....... either the screenwriter sucked a$$.......... or thats just the way he rights........ or the editing room screwed the pooch........... either way will smith gave a wonderfull performance.......... not a jack nicolson crazy but a passable version.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Wow Primitive! Very good observations! I didn't like the movie either. It got my adrenaline up the whole movie, and then I was let down. Although I enjoyed Will's acting, I was very disappointed in the story!

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Wow Primitive! Very good observations! I didn't like the movie either. It got my adrenaline up the whole movie, and then I was let down. Although I enjoyed Will's acting, I was very disappointed in the story!

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

I liked it, maybe not as much as Omega Man but it was pretty good. Important to remember that the movie was about a somewhat wacked out, very lonely, grieving medical researcher trying to find a cure, not about some kind of end of the world survivalist "let's kill 'en all" armaments freak. (not that I have anything against them, being one myself). This is a movie about what makes people tick, not about hardware.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Love Omega Man, will not see I AM CRAP!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit