I AM LEGEND!!!

by primitivegenius 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Saw this movie with some friends yesterday. One of the main reasons we chose this movie was because the one guy really loved the book and wanted to see how it was adapted.

His reaction was quite negative, thought that they ruined the whole story and that it didn't even resemble the book.

I thought the first half was well done but it didn't hold up the enitre way through. It almost seemed unconventional at the begninning, but eventually took the form of every other Will Smith movie you have ever seen.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I saw this movie yesterday. It was OK. I went into the theater knowing nothing about the story, so I think that made it more interesting for me.But, after seeing so many Hollywood Blockbusters, after the first 10 minutes, you know what is going to happen and when its going to happen. The ending was pretty tired. I am no fan of Will Smith but I think he did a good job. He has matured as an actor and there wasn't any of the smartassy Will Smith dialogue.

• kerj2leev
  • DT
    DT

Doesnt anyone like this movie? I'm usually disappointed by what comes out of Hollywood, but I really liked this movie. I didn't read the book, which usually ruins a movie for me. I thought it was an excellent and even artistic portrayal of loneliness. I thought this overshadowed the somewhat silly battles with the zombie like creatures.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Well, some might know I love end of the world movies. So I actually really really liked I am Legend and felt the story and way it was filmed was to show just how alone you would feel to survive the death of millions. Removing glory from survival and showing how much we need company, even if only a dog. I admit, it was not the best movie ever and yet I thought it was better then some other end of world movies. I also like Night of the Living dead style movies and this was like that too. I admit, lots of unanswered questions ... but I think it was more about dealing with what happened to him and not so much on every detail of what came to it. A movie is a page out of one slice of the life of the world of the author, to make note of everything and not just focus on the story, is to write with the chaos of a god perspective and not the story teller. Anyway, I am going to see National Treasure this weekend, loved the original and hope to enjoy the new one too. I respect your opinion on Legend and just wanted to add that I really liked it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've been wanting to go see this and will be headed out to the theater shortly.

I'll give my review later on....

• blondie
    blondie

I liked it but I liked Omega Man better and the book even more. Sentimental I guess. Will Smith seemed to talke the intensity considering his circumstances. The altered humans in this one were very extreme compared to the Omega Man ones.

Watch The Stand this Sunday starting at 3 pm (8 hours/4 parts). Same concept, man-made virus out of hand.

• alias
    alias

I saw it the other day and it left me and my beloved feeling out of pocket at the end. I'm not familiar with the book, but I was entertained and thought, "That was an experience!"

I kept seeing that "Starry Night" painting by Van Gogh hanging above his fireplace and couldn't help but wonder if he might have actually snagged the original out of the art museum to hang in his house. I mean, why not? There's nobody else in the world, so to speak.

I too, have avoided Will Smith since all the Men in Black, Wild West, etc. "Fresh Prince" persona acting, however, since seeing "The Pursuit of Happyness" with his son Jayden and then this film, I am really enjoying his talent and will see more more of his movies (ha, no pun intended!)

alias

• changeling
    changeling

I actually liked it. But I can't wait to see Sweeny Todd!!!!!

changeling

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Thnaks for extra $$$$ in my pocket. My wife and were considering it, now, thanks to my good friends here.........................I'll stay home and andmy bride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit