I AM LEGEND!!!

by primitivegenius 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serendipity
    serendipity

My daughter and I went to the movies Thursday and debated seeing I AM Legend or "NO Country for Old Men". We went with the latter. Still not sure it was the right choice, with it's disappointing ending.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I saw the movie today and I have to say I thought it was GREAT!

In my life I have grown to be very cynical about the way the alpha characters always seen to squeak by in the end of nearly every movie or book. When I to the part in a story where the good guys win and walk away I have to roll my eyes.

I found the not-so-happy ending to be a refreshing change to the way nearly every action movie ends.

One part that did annoy me was the way one character was "told by gawd" some very important information and when she got to her destination she was met by some large gates that opened to a church and steeple with the church bell ringing. Gawd saved her but I guess gawd forgot about the other 99.999% of the population. One of gawd's worst miracles to date.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I thought it was an intense movie to watch and not a waste of my money.

I ROBOT sucked!

I found the not-so-happy ending to be a refreshing change to the way nearly every action movie ends.

One part that did annoy me was the way one character was "told by gawd" some very important information and when she got to her destination she was met by some large gates that opened to a church and steeple with the church bell ringing. Gawd saved her but I guess gawd forgot about the other 99.999% of the population. One of gawd's worst miracles to date.

Me, too, Els!

This week--Sweeney Todd & National Treasure 2

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I saw this Movie last night and I liked it. The New York Scenes were terrific. My hubby and I watched the Old Vincent Price Verision "The Last Man on Earth" a couple of weeks ago. I liked it too. I have yet to see the Charlton Heston version "Omega Man"

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

the movie has to be put together properly......... they made massive mistakes here......... and totally didnt hit points that woulda kept me glued to my seat..... will smith did a good job of being crazy and not quite in his right mind. there were dozens of things that needed to be explained and everything conveintly resolved into the typical cluster F*&^.

they didnt even show all the scenes that were in the previews. i will hope that they redo it for dvd and ill wait to borrow one cause its not worth any of my money. ive already invested to much. had i been a reader of the books i think i woulda really been pissed. its totally subpar...... so if you want to go see a zombie movie....... dont expect much and expect a s**&^ ending. the only worse zombie movie i have ever seen was resident evil 3...... which was totally done JUST to set up RE4

i dont expect zombie movies to end happy............ but this one didnt make sense.

they also had the opportunity to create an arch rival for him....... and coulda made a hell of alotta one on one cat and mouse stuff happen. instead they relyed to much on CGI and the zombies moved to fast and he couldnt kill them properly. now boreing slow walking zombies.............. not so fun......... but smart skilled zombies........... yeah that woulda been cool. instead they made them super fast super strong and didnt give a reason for attacking........ it wasnt about food........... you assume it was about kidnapping....... but you DONT KNOW.

i know ill be forced to get the book now to see if it can make anything click.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I had to remind myself that they weren't 'zombies (walking dead)' but humans living with some crazy stuff! Also kept in mind that they had something that was like rabies taken to the 1000th extreme.

Seeing an abandoned NYC was pretty weird for this jersey devil!

*I didn't read the books or see the movies this film was adapted from. I was a blank slate.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Went and saw it today. It was ok, not great. I think I still like the Charlton Heston version better, but I haven't seen it in years. I just remember the zombies scaring the bejeebus out of me as a kid when I first saw it.

There were some interesting easter eggs in the movie, like Shaq announcing his retirement, and a poster indicating a Superman/Batman movie coming out in 2010.

And I kept looking, weren't there some shots of Watchtower buildings in the movie, when he is at the pier looking at the bombed out bridges?

No Apologies

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

weren't there some shots of Watchtower buildings in the movie, when he is at the pier looking at the bombed out bridges?

YES!!!! 90 SANDS was shown quite a bit. I think 360 FURMAN was shown once. Actually 90 Sands is actually on the poster.

I caught the batman/superman but not the Shaq annoucement.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I.ve heard it's an inferior version of '28 Days Later'. All of those types of films have holes in them you could drive a truck through but you tend to suspend your credulity somewhat or most films would irritate you beyond belief.

I quite liked an end-of-the-world movie called 'Quiet Earth' where all living things died, and the only people to 'survive' where those that were dead at the point the scientist pressed the button and jumped the entire world to another universe, and came back to life just after; like someone who's heart had stopped and was just given an electric shock at that precise instant. Obviously, there weren't many.

• BIG D
    BIG D

Took the boys to see it legend, i though it ws a little blah too, and it could have been much better than it was, although the twins thought it ws great, but they are 8!!

big d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit