Whats the worst thing you have heard from the stage???

by karter 37 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

"If you do not honor the Faithful Discreet Slave you cannot honor Christ"

• yesidid
    yesidid

A co in his Tuesday evening talk held up the Bible and said "We must obey all that is said in here, it is not negotiable ".

He then held up a Watchtower and said: "We must obey all that is said in here, it is not negotiable ".

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

When they stopped serving cheese Danishs.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The CO said (circa 1975), "Just look around folks...two thirds of you are not going to make it!"

(Why oh why didn't I go with my young gut then and run you of the hall...)

• Trevanian
    Trevanian

I went to my high school prom with another JW as my partner.

At that stage attending the prom was a "conscience issue".

At that stage also, my parents were liberal enough as JWs to have supported me going with whoever I wanted, a JW or a "worldly friend". I chose the Witness.

A few weeks later at the circus assembly, the mother of the JW who went as my partner was interviewed on the platform, and she spoke about how devastated she was that her teenager went to a prom. Applause from the audience.

My mother sat watching this, completely and unnecessarily humiliated and embarrassed.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

too many to count... and they have all sorta run together in my head.

~Hill

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Well, how about those out in the audience who had suffered thru a rape, in other words you were not deserving of Jah's protection.

There ya go. For me, it's "waiting on Jehovah" to put things right (ok, here's to hanging on until Jehovah gets this effing elder out of my pants).

• lesterd
    lesterd

PO said that brothers who did not pioneer to avoid the draft, but went to prison for their beliefs were cowards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit