Whats the worst thing you have heard from the stage???

by karter 37 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

At a circuit assembly the co stopped his talk and asked the attendants to remove a crying baby and his mother .

She go up walked out the back started crying as she was studying she never came back.

Saved by the co I say.

• changeling
    changeling

If that's true, that tops all.

What was the name of the CO?

changeling

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Our CO once said that you should only miss a meeting for a funeral.........and only if its YOUR funeral! One elderly outspoken sister said out loud "thats disgusting". It was hilarious. Lilly

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

How about the (fictionalized) story about the woman who was out in service when a serial rapist saw here and was going to attack but he did not later (I am not sure how they ever would have confirmed this story in any way) the serial rapist stated that he did not rape the "sister" cause there were two huge guys flanking her, so "surely this was angels protecting this sister while she was out doing Jah's work". Well, how about those out in the audience who had suffered thru a rape, in other words you were not deserving of Jah's protection. Too bad! Maybe next time you should think about going out in service so you won't suffer a horrible crime! Can you feel the love peeps?

• oompa
    oompa

I heard a 5 minute talk that was about the Alphalfa and the Omega. It was a funny and clever introduction, but not after about ten times.

Last year during our CO vist one of our finest southern elders opened with, " You don't really need no good education to git a good job." It was a horrible part slamming college, but he hopefully made kids study harder.

those came to mind fast.......all for now..........oompa

• karter
    karter

Changeling.

His name was Hans Houbbler commonly known as Hans Hitler he was so disliked when he visited the congregation only the elderly widows would have him & his wife stay they even had problems getting people to have him for meals.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Back in the 70's, we were having the service meeting of the co. We were a mixed cong. black and whites. There were 2 teenaged black boys, 13 or 14, that were sitting on their own. They were playing grab ass and snickering, etc. SO! The co stops right in the middle of his talk , and asks....".Who do these young men belong to"? Where are their parents? Needless to say , the parents although black, turned very red and raised their hands. The co returned with "That figures. These 2 boys have been disrupting the congregation the entire evening. ...........And now I've lost my place." true story.

nomoreguilt

• changeling
    changeling

In the US we had a similar fellow by the name of John Mason.

changeling

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That the world was going to end in 1975 and education was foolish.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

The worst thing I've ever heard from the stage was way back in the 1950's and it kept being repeated from the stage and in books and magazines all of which I bought into hook line and sinker!

Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH and is the only religion approved by God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit