Whats the worst thing you have heard from the stage???

by karter 37 Replies latest jw friends

• looseend
    looseend

A talk

• wednesday
    wednesday

District overseer showered praise on a at least 2x rapist. named this person and gave him his kiss of approval.

• inkling
    inkling
    Another elder frequently referred to the thongs of Israel.

Lol, this reminds me of an older grumpy speaker complaining about the things girls wear now adays what with thier tongs.... yeah, he pronounced it TONG.

[ink]

• inkling
    inkling

and not from the stage, but once, during an previous "oral sex" WT study, a weird and more than a little nuts bible study lady gets the mic and comments:

"And oral sex, I don't even understand why anyone would want to DO that! I mean you take the thing a man pees out of, and you put it in your MOUTH. That's Disgusting!"

dead silence. everyone then pretended like it never happened.

[ink]

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Not as bad as what y'all have come up with, but still disturbing nonetheless. It was Gary Breaux (a person named on Barbara's CD, BTW). He'd been flown in for some weekend talks. Thankfully I worked on Saturday, but his Sunday talk was disturbing. He talked alot about "anticipating the endgame" of getting caught for offenses. He regaled the group about how one poor father had to sit in on his minor daughters interrogation, and how he was howling with grief over her sins.

All the while I'm thinking, "If there are any interested people listening to this guy, I'm sure what he just said was the most effective anti-witness I've seen anybody give."

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

we had one old confused guy on the stage repeating several times: "women are a tool of the devil!"

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I've heard the crying baby one too. But this beats it...

During a circuit assembly the CO stopped his talk and asked a young man to please stop his gyrations. It was distracting. I found out afterwards that he was having an epileptic seizure.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Pretty obvious that it had to have come from the platform because it was in the April 1, 1995 Puketower issue. And it was that study article proclaiming that it's Satan's fault if the opposite sex rejects you (as if Satan had the ability to be perfectly consistent). That article was the beginning of the end of my being one of Jehovah's Cockroaches. I should have made a comment threatening that anyone that actually made it come to pass would not only get sued, but it would result in apostate flyers being distributed through the whole territory. And I bet I could get my apostate flyers out faster than they could do a crapt campaign territory, since once I get the flyers, I would just drop them off in the doors and hit the next one.

Had I done that, they would have had to pay an extremely heavy price for that act. For the stunt of getting me rejected by every sister at the a$$emblies following that, they should have had to pay for it by having the whole territory being unproductive and the meeting attendance sagging into the teens or single numbers. Ah, the wonder of the Internet--I can do pretty much the same thing, but on a wider distribution, with much less work.

• Gregor
    Gregor

A cornball, okie Elder made the statement that you could tell a lot about man by looking at his hands. If they were calloused and had a little dirt under the nails he was honest. I don't know how this went over with some of the brothers there who had white collar jobs.

Another elder said that some brothers had asked if their hair was too long. He replied, "Well, if you have to ask, there's your answer"

During the service meeting a brother was introducing the following part but didn't know what it was about so he said "Next, Brother Smith will come up and talk about...uh...Jesus"

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I remember an elder in the sunday talk ad-libbing in a funny story that he thought applied. He gets to the punch line and says "...and then the falls down the f**king elevator".

My eyes go wide and I look around the hall. There's a few others with the same expression. I get up and go to the bathroom and my friend and brother follow me and we all heard it.

Nobody else did.

We couldn't believe it and it wasn't until much later that we realized that most of the people there just aren't paying attention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit