Whats the worst thing you have heard from the stage???

by karter 37 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

One visiting speaker recounted how a young brother recently asked him for help in overcoming masturbation. He made a funny face and said it was icky. It didn't have anything to do with his talk. He was just telling stories to use up time. I was appalled because he came from a small congregation and there may have been only a couple of young brothers that could fit the description. How's that for privacy? Another elder gave a talk about masturbation and said organism instead of orgasm. Another elder frequently referred to the thongs of Israel.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Telling a mother to take a crying kid out sounds like something Brandose(spelling???) would do. He was visiting our hall one time, and a couple of brothers were in the back talking quietly and he got all huff at them from the platform, scolded them for being disruptive. It was so stupid.

• voltaire
    voltaire

We had Brandosi as a DO for a very short while. He was surly and unpleasant.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

One of the other brothers talked about tube steak (apparently, it's what old-timers call hot dogs) in his talk. For one with a dirty mind, it was hillarious. "Now, I just looooooooooove tube steak. It's delicious! I just can't get enough tube steak!"

• oompa
    oompa

I gotta tell it here. My dad the wt conductor started calling on people at random one Sunday because no one was raising their hand!!!! After two people/victims were humiliated in this manner, yep, he called on his first born son of 19. I had a comment all right. "I just wanted say how I wish you would stop calling on people who don't have their hand up." I could not believe I said it. Time froze. You could have heard a pin drop. The mike carrier did not budge. Then my dad said, "well thank you for your comment" and did not do it anymore...whew....oompa....lotsa folks thanked me later

• thepackage
    thepackage

There was this one elder on my old hall that would always say the "the end is not here yet becasue we are not praying hard enough and not going out on services enough so, if we want the end to come, we need to pray more and go out on service more" LOL!!!!!! it was the KH fault the end had not come!!!! He would always say this and nobody would tell him anything casue he was in a wheelchair.

• truman
    truman

That thing about stopping a talk to demand that a fussy child be removed happened to me. It was a Sunday meeting, and we had arrived a few minutes late. The only seats left in the KH form my husband, me and my one-year-old son were in the front row. My son was a little restless and I was trying to quiet him without having to disrupt everyone's view by getting up and walking out during the talk. We are not talking a major screaming fit here, just a little fussiness from a baby. Suddenly the speaker, a local elder, stopped speaking to the group and spoke directly to me. "Will you talk that child out of here," he said. I was stunned. I did take him out, and like a good JW mother, I paddled his little behind for the great sin of being a baby. I am ashamed to tell about that. We left the meeting, too. Unfortunately, we did return for the next one. The brother never apologized for his action. I wish I had left that day and never returned. then I would not have raised this child "in the truth' and he would not still be in a cult after I have left. More's the pity.

• flipper
    flipper

I remember Ted Jaracz as our district overseer in the early 1970's make real aggressive comments at circuit assemblies when the people wouldn't be quiet when he got up to speak . He really strutted his authority around ! One time he made a similar comment as you said about, " Mothers take your crying babies outa here so others can hear " Also a good one I remember a district overseer named Br. Peace said saying- " If you brothers and sisters have a reason you are walking around during the session talking, maybe you would like to share it with us so we can all hear ". Many of these pontificating bastards were so full of themselves- it really defied reason. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I told this one a long time ago, but have you ever wondered if the F word was ever used on the podium. It was in my congregation. My cousin was giving a talk, he never like the ministry school. He was struggling along and lost his place, and said Fuck! right into the microphone. The audience was aghast, and strangely enough, it was like they all pretended they didn't hear it. Something like a Freudian slip or maybe the conscious part of their brains couldn't accept it. It was surreal!

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

this one brother i knew.......... totally brainwashed but still great guy........ cheated at cards unless you were good enough to call him on his s(&^. well he had like 3 boys and a girl............ one sunday he was giving the public talk and his sons were screwing around......... they just happened to be sitting in the front row.......... so in the middle of his talk he got down off the stage grabbed at least 2 of them and hauled them out the back of the hall by their ears............ busted their a$$es and then came back and completed his talk like nothing had happened

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit