Who leaves first, the husband or wife?

by snugglebunny 74 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Morpheus: Don't won't to get off the topic but a prime example,

there are times when I'm already in the middle of something and

she want me to focus on something else, so naturally I won't be

able to give it 100%.. She may give me instructions to do a task

around the home followed with other unrelated things.

With me I can only focus on one task at a time, I'm 68 years old this

past Tuesday. LOL

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol james i ment first hand experiance on who woke up first
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Lol, you gave him too many things to do!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Morpheus: LMAO. You see what I mean, hell I'm getting senile.

My wife now has never been a JW...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OEJ: On the topic of multitasking, I wasn't saying that anyone becomes more productive while juggling multiple tasks (this is the myth part of it)

I know you didn't say that. And being more productive is only part of the myth part of it. The fact is: no one can attempt to "multitask" without taking a huge hit in both productivity AND in cognitive performance.

OEJ: I was saying that women are better at it than men.

So women are better are engaging in mythical activity than men?!?

OEJ: It's a fruitless debate, though, if everyone's going to take offense and read things into it when they're not there.

I certainly did not take any offense.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    So women are better are engaging in mythical activity than men?!?

Now we're getting into semantics. The word multitasking is commonly used to describe a situation in which you perform small portions of disparate tasks interleaved with one another. Women tend to take less of a performance hit when task-switching than do men, in some narrow circumstances.

I feel like we're getting way off track, the point was that men are different than women. and I suspect that there are few people who can seriously disagree with that.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Men tend to think about one thing at a time, and compartmentalize a little more, which lends itself to a greater separation between reason and emotion.

This is what you actually said OneEyedJoe suggesting that men's inability to multitask is connected to an ability to separate reason and emotion. Then you presented an online article to prove it. Which article did not come to this conclusion at all. It actually concluded that in tests for multitasking, in stressed and complex situations, women are more able to stop and think about what is going on in front of them.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

lol you guys don't chastise OneEyedJoe... multitasking or not. Women are different, our chemistry is different, Simon put it best, no one is trying make any claim, it's not a competition.

Generally speaking who has more Testosterone in their system? Women have it, but are men and women the same??? They are not. That is not insulting anyone to simply say there is a difference in genders.

Please don't crucify OneEyedJoe. We all mean well here,

And after all... isn't all this anger just....emotional response

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Well I'm certainly no neurologist, so its entirely feasible that I've made some logical leaps that aren't supported. If I have time maybe I'll dig up the original study and re-read it to make sure I'm not missing some big piece, but it may not be worth the effort since I think we agree on the greater point - men and women are (generally speaking) wired differently and in aggregate this can result in a slight skew when observing behavior of one gender compared to the other in specific circumstances.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Thanks FMF haha.

And after all... isn't all this anger just....emotional response

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit