Worst WT term ever

by Robert7 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Jehovah's Arrangement.

I used to get so tired of hearing this thrown out on everything the WTS decided to do. It made me twice as angry when I discovered that ONE of Jehovah's Arrangements was a copout to get around paying taxes after losing a lawsuit in the Supreme Court . The WTS notified the congregations of the "loving provision of the Donation Arrangement."

Funny how "Jehovah" decided to implement this immediatley after the lost court case.

• oompa
    oompa

perverted sexual practice

• jambon1
    jambon1

I just heard the 'need greaters' term for the 1st time last week. I was stunned. Just about made me boak.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

vigorously exerting yourself

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Here's one that hubby used that made me want to hit him "Jehovah hates a divorcing".

I also can't stand "arrangement" thrown in where it doesn't belong: "marriage arrangement" being the one I can't stand the most!!

• M.J.
    M.J.

"vigorously exerting yourself"

Would that have something to do with "self abuse"?

How about:
    "Let us consider"
    "ones", as in "interested ones", "ones that are open to the truth", etc.
    "lands" instead of countries, nationalities, as in "brothers in different lands"

:(

• Trevanian
  • Trevanian
    Trevanian

Bible study with interested ones, yeah sure ha ha. At least the congregation book study is a more accurate term. And that book aint the Bible.

Stumbling. What an abused term that is. Even some innocent thing that the Bible doesn't even speak about you should avoid doing to avoid stumbling other weak ones.

That reminds me of weak in the truth. Cult-speak supreme, completely code for not attending enough meetings or doing enough service. Imagine using that expression with any other English-speaker? It doesn't even make linguistic sense, weak in the truth.

And then, my favourite, the [Name some protagonist in a difficult prophecy] Class. And the class referred to is usually either the heavenly class, the earthly class or apostates. What a cop-out, talk about twisting the scriptures to make them fit the doctrine.

Oh, doctrine, another JW dirty word. Only the churches of Christendom have doctrines, not JWs because we have the truth, not doctrines.

And apostates. This is also a fairly neutral word in English for "one who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause", but it has been so heavily loaded in Witness-speak that it has taken on a whole new dimension of evil that doesn't exist in standard usage of the word.

Finally, seeing I've mentioned it, Christendom. Even now, confess up if you still have negative connotations in your mind about Christendom, no matter how many years you've been out?

Yet in English it simply means the entire realm of Christianity, like the words Judaism or Islam. If the JW organization claims to be Christian then linguistically it is part of Christendom in the bigger picture. But quite sneakily JWs have been taught to equate this simple noun with evil.

Actually, stop me about all this cult-speak, because I could keep on going now!

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I hate it when people said,

"the friends"

or

"the brothers"

or

"we have the given ones"

BARF!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"meat at the proper time"