Worst WT term ever

by Robert7 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

My vote for the worst Watchtower term is:

Circumcision of the heart!

I can't believe that there are people who can not only say "circumcision of the heart" with a straight face in front of the congregation, but defend its 'meaning'.

Other runners up in my opinion:

Spiritual paradise
    Spiritual food
    This system of things
    Faithful and Discreet Slave

Honorable mention (not in WT but used in meetings):

"extra portion of Holy Spirit for..." (Used all the time in prayers (I've heard CO's use this) as a request for 'extra' holy spirit for someone, like it was a slice of pie, and you only get one portion, but you can request more)

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I never liked spiritual food myself. I don't remember circumcision of the heart, is that relatively new?

• Farkel
    Farkel

spiritual fornication (having sex with an unmarried angel?) heh, heh.

spiritual armor (being braindead)

not "inspired" but "spirit directed'. (What's the difference?)

spiritual person (good book seller)

spiritually weak (bad book seller)

spiritually mature (robotic obedience)

absolute spiritual endangerment (how the WTS sabotages Jesus' injunction against divorce without adultery. Any dub whose spouse becomes an "apostate" may get "scripturally" divorced with the blessing of the WTS. Any dubette whose spouse regularly beats the shit out of her and threatens her life doesn't qualify for a divorce.)

spiritual food (endless pages of printed bullshit)

gleaning (hunting for something of value in a WTS publication when there is nothing of value.)

demon infested (being simply demoized is no longer good enough. One has to now be "infested" with those pesky demons.)

To name but a few...

Farkel

• josephus
  • josephus
    josephus

oops please remove double post.

jo

• josephus
    josephus

WORLDLING!

• JK666
    JK666

Wait on Jehovah ('cause we aren't going to lift a finger to help)

JK

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

personal favorite is Faithful and Discreet Slave

loved your lists

• White Dove
    White Dove
    Demon infested sounds like fleas and roaches. To get rid of them, use Demon-B-GONE! Exercisms in a can! Faster than a speeding Bible!
  • White Dove
    White Dove
    The bountiful table groaning under the weight of the spiritual feast food metaphores always made me starving for real food at home. I'd daydream during the talk and WT about eating food. It was torture!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit