Is there anyone else who hasnt gotten there Secret Santa???

by Es 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

Mine came this past Saturday; it traveled a very long way and included a beautiful, soft wool scarf, work-out CD and delicious smelling soaps. A wonderful, after-Christmas surprise!

I sent a gift to my daughter in the Netherlands two weeks before Christmas and she still hasn't received it; I fear it's lost and it makes me sad.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I sent a gift to my daughter in the Netherlands two weeks before Christmas and she still hasn't received it; I fear it's lost and it makes me sad.

Don't despair, Emma. Postal transfer/transit takes place at a much more relaxed pace in these smaller countries. One package which I delivered to the post office (here) to be sent abroad did not leave this country until 5 days later (I tracked it via the post office's website).

On the other hand, I was really impressed with the thoroughness of our postal service when I received a Christmas card on Friday, 4th January: it was sent from the Midwest on the 18th of December -- with a mispelled last name, no house number (only the street name), the correct city, and a non-existent post code (that is a "ZIP Code" to Americans) for anywhere in this country! Not bad for Posten Norge!

Touchingly, Posten Norge's website has an entire page dedicated to a listing of Christmas packages which were sufficiently incompletely addressed to bar delivery. It breaks the heart to read the sentiments ("to Grandmother, from little Nelle"; "to my sweet brother, from Cupcake," etc.) and descriptions of wrappings, ribbons and originating cities; hopefully, these will be identified and claimed.

-V

• Emma
    Emma

Thank you, Valkyrie. I hope it reaches her. Last year, the gift I sent was returned to me the first part of February. In all fairness, she hadn't told me she'd be out of the country but also said there was no notice of delivery left at her apartment. I hope this year's package returns to me if it doesn't reach her.

I've never heard of the postal service listing a description of lost packages; thats sweet. And that the card with the incomplete address reached you is remarkable.

• BFD
    BFD

I did not recieve mine either but, I did get a pm from my SS explaining complications of real life. My gift would be for everything to turn out right for my SS.

I did recieve a generous gift from Mouthy and she included a card saying she is my secret pal. When I called her to thank her she told me that she was not my SS. I love that lady so much!

Thank you again, Mouthy. You know I will get around to sending you pictures of the little ones who all benefited from your generosity. Sorry it's taking so long.

BFD

• Es
    Es

I totally understand that life gets in the way, im more worried that it has been lost....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hey Es, let's buy each other SS presents! I'm still waiting too.

• noni1974
    noni1974

That really sucks guys.I know it happened to me on another board 2 years in a row.Sad thing is I know who both my secret santas were supposed to be.I don't say anything to them about it.I just let it go.

• Es
    Es

Heheh maybe we should Nos.....Ive learnt a few tricks now on what to send, I sent my ss a book and a packet of biscuits from australia and postage cost me double what I paid for those two heheheh

hopefully we get ours soon hey.

• Namaste
    Namaste

I haven't received anything either.

I'm hoping my SS recipient received their package but haven't heard. It's okay if you hated it, please just let me know it arrived!

• Namaste
    Namaste

BTTT

I found out my package arrived at my SS recipient's house! I got a phone call from her the other day! Shocked me for a second there when I saw the name on the caller ID. I thought to myself, hey, isn't that the person I sent something to? Then I realized, hey if you give them your name and address, they can figure out a way to call you.

It turned out great though, we chatted for over a half hour and I was able to find out that she has been having problems with her internet and wasn't able to get online. It was very nice to talk to someone from the board. I hope she is doing well and that she'll be able to be back on JWD before too long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit