The Silver Lining ?

by Junction-Guy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

purps, you will see it here sometime this week.

JK

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The silver lining for me is I having no fear of public speaking.

I have to echo this as well. I used to actually CRY (no kidding) when I had to give "current events" all through middle school and FROZE when called on to answer a question I did not prepare to answer in front of the class. I was painfully shy. Learning to speak to total strangers about religion....got me over that fear. LOL!

I have difficulty with speech now since I had the two strokes, but prior to that, I was going for board certification as a child advocate in the Special Education field to familiarize parents and caregivers of the mandatory Federal laws that special services FOR the handicapped that no one ever wants to tell them about. It was very rewarding but made the school administrators turn green when I walked in with the Federal Rules and Requirements books I was given and gave them a run for their money.

I hadn't planned on a 30-year training course in public speaking....(and I am NOT EVEN going to suggest that it was "free"), but I DID come away with SOMETHING for all my effort!

• alias
    alias

The silver lining in my JW experience has been abundant.

Think of all the things being a JW denied us...

Now turn that inside out. Now I understand both sides.

What it means to not have. And what it means to have.

In everything, there is a lesson.

alias

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

One word, FREEDOM! That's my silver lining.

Free to say what I want to say, be who I want to be, go where I want to go, do what I want to do, wear what I want to wear, be with whom I choose to be with, eat, drink, smoke what I want to eat, drink or smoke or not. You get the picture.....I'm free of all the crap that used to weigh me down trying to do what a religion and it's members said I needed to do, now I'm busy being a human being instead of a human doing.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I really can't think of a silver lining to my JW experance.I can think of a silver lining to my leaving.I got to meet some really great people both online and off.People here people at other boards.I've made some really good friends.

I can think of one more silver lining.My uncle died 2 years ago and I was by his side like I was supposed to be.Had I not been treated with disrespect and hurt by that elder telling me to go away I would have never typed in Jehovahs Witnesses in my browser.I would have never found you guys.

• brinjen
    brinjen

My silver lining? Thanks to the dubs I'm a stronger person then I'd be otherwise (how else can anyone survive them?), thanks to all the time I spent soul-searching wondering why I stay with them, I know myself pretty good by now. I'm much more resiliant during a crisis (been there, done that) after being trod on and watching others experience the same, I'm more aware and compassionate towards the feelings of those around me.

Quite a bit there actually...

One more thing....

Laughing Mutley

(Don't worry nvr, got his gun too)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My silver lining is I got a wife that I've been with for 35 years. And a son, And now a grand daughter and daughter in law.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Actually the public speaking never benefited me, I was never fully in love with the JW lifestyle, so i never could be successful at something I wasnt completely convinced of..

I felt much more at ease speaking at the Witnesses Now for Jesus Convention, because for once I was able to speak from the heart and no notes were needed. I took them with me, but I was able to speak for well over an hour, and if time was allowed, I would have spoken for 2.

I guess the only real benefit I got from the JW experience is that I learned how to recognize con artists--thanks to the Watchtower themselves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, if you call wasting all that time in field circus, having to take time off for boasting sessions, rush home after work or lose sleep for a boasting session, being groomed for "privileges" that require single men (which they can shove up their axxes), being miserably uncomfortable in summer with that collar button done, having donated to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund (however stingy I was, every penny counts) and having possibly had a share in scamming any number of people (and hence contributing to their reaching 7 million) a silver lining...

• myelaine
    myelaine

I would like to reply to the poster that said "For a guy "basking in the glory of the Christ' you sure are miserable, Junction."

...when I hear Christian preachers speak of Kings Kids and the prosperity gospel I want to vomit...

...when I hear that Islam is a peaceful religion...yet there is no peace and no food for their people I want to vomit...

...when people see the harm that other people do to each other there should be room for lamentation...regardless of religion...

...(the silver lining) there is joy and peace in knowing that my inheritance is with Him...

In this world, the "fathers" have left me nothing that I want to claim. I just want to scoop all the little ones up and take them completely away from all these so-called "elders".

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit