The Silver Lining ?

by Junction-Guy 39 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

good going on starting a thread about this and seeing something positive.

purps

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Changeling and Purplesofa.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"I guess there is a silver lining after all. Had it not been for the JW experience and the Christian love shown to me in contrast by my 'worldly" family I could have ended up a secular humanist, or maybe an Atheist."

I had to laugh at that, it is verrrrrry funny!

Still laughing, in fact. Well, we secular humanist atheists are really happy for you!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I had to laugh at that, it is verrrrrry funny!

Still laughing, in fact. Well, we secular humanist atheists are really happy for you!

LMAO!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

The silver lining for me is having no fear of public speaking. Giving talks and going door to door has helped me in my political activities.

Now that I am an Atheist Secular Humanist I am a much happier, positive person living life to the full. All because I have shed the shackles of belief in God.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Now that I am an Atheist Secular Humanist I am a much happier, positive person living life to the full. All because I have shed the shackles of belief in God.

Junction Guy

What do you make of all the atheists that seem so much happier than you?

purps

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

That's funny, Junction.

It looks like nearly everyone that has posted on your thread is either agnostic or atheist.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I'm right along with Robert K. Stock here and will say that if it wasn't for the religion, i'd probably still have the fear of public speaking. I've realised that it's also help me overcome a strong shyness that I once had. As to the amount of influence that the religion helped me come out my shell, i'm not too sure of.........but it definitely did help though.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Looks like the atheists love ya, man!

Laughing Mutley

• oompa
    oompa

You're kidding.....right JG???????............oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit