I always wondered why my wife's best friends left the religion

by OnTheWayOut 12 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My wife's maid of honor at our wedding- married a worldly guy and left the religion
    after years of pioneer service.

My wife's former best friend from her single days as a teen- grew up to leave the
    religion entirely, came back for a brief stint, left again.

My wife's most current former best friend- is now a fringe JW, as she has been
    disillusioned by a judicial matter she was treated harshly on. The lady totally flipped
    on her friends and abandoned them, moved away, moved back, but refuses to repair
    any relationships as she thought the JW friends should have been more supportive
    and understanding. In short, she doesn't leave the JW's but she developed a life
    outside the JW's.

My wife's current best friend- loyal JW, totally judgmental in her gossip, but acts very
    upbuilding when talking to other loyal JW's. She thinks and examines things with her
    JW-rose colored glasses. She moved away to a simpler life near her parents. I don't
    see her leaving the JW's, but she did seem more concerned for her future than for
    the end of this system of things to arrive.

CONCLUSION: My wife chooses people who are able to THINK. They manage to want
    to enjoy life despite the WTS controls. Things happen in their lives to push them out
    of the JW's because it only takes one good flash of light or one bad experience for many
    of them- before they try to open their eyes and their minds.

REASON FOR THIS THREAD: I just need to "keep hope alive."

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Here's to hope!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Keep on chipping away OTWO.

Burn

• Trygon
    Trygon

Chipping with the pick axe of freedom and common sense.

And the JW is a cult/corporation that hangs off Christianity like a parasite, leaking atheists like a tap. It is not a religion and never will be.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Trygon - that was strong!

• Trygon
    Trygon

Well its the dam truth. Look at this site for example. This place has the biggest concentration of Atheists I have ever seen and the one thing most of them have in common is that they used to be JWs. I say that the quicker this parasite is removed and squashed the less damage is done to Christianity. No tears will be shed for the Watchtower parasite ether. Simply a "It was going to happen one day soon" from the pope/ a world leader/ a politician and then nothing.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Trygon:

I'm going to be perfectly frank with you. Because of your young age and the amount of testosterone flowing through your body we have given you a lot of leeway.

This place has the biggest concentration of Atheists I have ever seen and the one thing most of them have in common is that they used to be JWs. I say that the quicker this parasite is removed and squashed the less damage is done to Christianity.

Why do you equate atheist with parasite?

Why do you feel atheism is causing damage to Christianity?

Before you answer I feel you should know that the majority of atheists on this forum, of which I am one, are dear friends with the majority of Christians on this forum. We often get into debate, but neither wishes the other harm.

Ian

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good luck OTWO.

• Dansk
    Dansk

OTWO:

CONCLUSION: Get your wife to make friends with ALL JWs. That way they may ALL leave!

Ian

• zack
    zack

She's on the way out as well, my friend. She just won't verbalize it. If she is anything like my wife, the religion is more a social network than a core faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit