I always wondered why my wife's best friends left the religion

by OnTheWayOut 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Trygon
    Trygon

Dansk, I am not proclaiming all atheists are parasites. I am simply trying to get at the point that the JWs are incompetent at successfully keeping the faith due to the fact that half their members end up leaving and large percentage of those that leave, leave Christianity all together. It means that they are failing as a attempted fraction in Christianity.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Keep on hoping!!

The first scenario about your wife's best friend leaving and marrying a worldly guy after years of pioneer service, sounds exactly like me! I had to check to see where you were from...Anyhow, if I left, anyone can leave. I was a very devout JW who never thought I would leave, and no one else could believe it either. You just never know. Don't give up hope!

MMO

• Dansk
    Dansk

Trygon:

You stated (bold and italics mine):

Well its the dam truth. Look at this site for example. This place has the biggest concentration of Atheists I have ever seen and the one thing most of them have in common is that they used to be JWs. I say that the quicker this parasite is removed and squashed the less damage is done to Christianity. No tears will be shed for the Watchtower parasite ether. Simply a "It was going to happen one day soon" from the pope/ a world leader/ a politician and then nothing.

By stating the word either you ARE equating parasite with atheist. You also stated:

I am simply trying to get at the point that the JWs are not doing much at all to keep the faith if half their members send up leaving and large percentage of those that leave leave Christianity all together. It means that they are failing as a attempted fraction in Christianity.

If you knew anything about JWism - and I mean really knew - you'd realise they are not attempting to be a fraction in Christianity but portray themselves as GENUINE Christianity. In other words, YOU and people like you are not considered true Christians. Now, those of us who spent many years as JWs (myself 19 years) and found out that it was false Christianty promptly exited, some (myself included) suffering dire consequences, such as loss of family. Further study revealed to some of us that the Bible is just a book of fables and that Christ the Messiah never existed. Others here took an opposing view, i.e. that while JWism is completely wrong Christianity is still right and the Bible is the word of God. So, JWism not only spews out atheists it also spews out what may be called TRUE Christians. I hope this helps you understand better. Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit