I have to put our dog down.

by whyamihere 48 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

((((whyamihere)))

God, I know that must have been hard for you. But you were there for him! He trusted you so, hopefully he wasn't scared.

I had a dog from the time I was 14 until I was 29. We grew up together, it was hard to let him go. Mercifully, he just barked once and fell over dead--apparent heart attack or something. One minute he was there, and the next he was gone. I used to talk to that dog about everything!!! He actually understood when I got df'd and gave me extra soulful eyes and sat in my lap.

When you feel like it, talk about him. It will help gel the fond memories and make it a little easier to let go.

Dogs are great. There's nothing like them. (I"ll tell y'all about my cat from hell later)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

So sorry to hear that Brooke. Our dog is fighting two types of cancer, and one day we will have to make the decision you did.

Oliver was loved right up till the very end, and he knew it.

BB

• Bourne
    Bourne

I'm very sorry about the loss of your pet.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I am SO sorry. I've lost several animals in the past couple of years. One cat was 27, one dog had cancer of the spine and was in terrible pain, my most favorite was killed by a pitt bull who dug under my 6' fence to get him. It could be that animals could live longer if we vaccinated them less and fed them real food instead of processed animal food (If you look up how it's made it amazes you that they live as long as they do) & stop in-breeding... the genetic recovery would be seen in just a few generations. To put your dog down is the most loving thing you can do. This is a well loved dog and he knows it. Most people on this planet are not cared for as much as you do your dog. He has taught you a lot and you have loved him in return. Let him go and he will be with you forever. If he could he would thank you. If there is a reserection my animals better be included. They were far more "Godly" than most people I know.

• Es
    Es

ohh hun big hugs to you and your fam.

es

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

im sorry

purps

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Sorry to hear it! Hope you can keep it together.

• Akira
    Akira

When my dog died I felt that I lost a sibling. He was 16 years old and I still miss him.

I'm sorry for your lost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit