I have to put our dog down.

by whyamihere 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Angry_Kangaroo
    Angry_Kangaroo

I am so sorry. It hurts so much to lose a pet.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Thanks everyone.

As to Oliver disease, it a condition that eats his flesh to cause infections. It is inevitable he will die soon, its just a painful way to go. Medication(s) didn't work and it gets worse day by day eating at his body.

Well, I am off to take him on his last walk before I have to put him down. This all seems so morbid and inhumane of me to do such a thing - it is for the best though. Oliver is our family dog and he is what's left of my childhood. Seeing him made us kids feel as if we were a family again.

Animals love you for who you are and not what you are - I wish humans could be more like that. It would be such a wonderful world.

*sigh* I just feel painfully sick about all of this.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Brooke)))))

All that have been through this with our pets can sympathize with what you are feeling now. I am so sorry about your Oliver.

love and hugs,

Annie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

(((Brooke)))

It's never an easy thing to do, but it's the humane thing to do.

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((((Brooke)))))))

• *summer*
    *summer*

Sure feel your pain.

Had to go through the same with my cat Sophie. She had been part of this family for 15 years. I always said that, as much as I love her, I would never allow her to suffer. The vet agreed. I stayed with her right up to the very last minute. And it broke my heart. As Vivamus said..."It's never an easy thing to do, but it's the humane thing to do."

Love to you and Oliver...

*summer*

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm so sorry - I know how you feel. But it is the kind thing to do.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I empathise with you. I can relate to the grief you must be feeling right now. Losing a beloved pet is just as difficult to deal with as losing a human member of the family.

I know it's been said before, but you can draw comfort in knowing that Oliver's no longer suffering.

• somebody
    somebody

I know what you are going through, (((((((whyamihere)))))))) I've been where you are.

It's very hearbreaking and all you can do is cry until there are no more tears. But Oliver will ALWAYS be in your your heart and in your thoughts. Keeping pictures of Oliver around may help you. I know it helps me still, even after 7 years gone by now.

peace,

somebody...who will always miss Raggie, as much as you will miss Oliver.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Unfortunately that's the way it goes, dogs only live for around 12 to 15 years and one day it will happen, they will either die quickly and naturally or will get incurably ill and will have to be mercifully euthanised if in severe pain and discomfort.

Fortunately my dog is only 4 months old and I don't have to think about it for a long time. The previous one run away at the age of four.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit