I have to put our dog down.

by whyamihere 48 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Oliver has skin cancer and he is bleeding all over my Mom's house. There is nothing more we can do, we've tried everything and its not getting better. Oliver is suffering so bad and all we can do is hold him now. Later today he will be put down and I don't want to do it. I sat there crying asking them to do more and I will pay for it all, but sadly they cannot. I don't want him in pain, but I don't want him to go. This is so hard - I just love that wonderful/stupid dog.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its a tough thing to go thru and always a big loss to the family. hugs

• dinah
    dinah

Oh whyamihere,

You have my sympathy. We love our animals and it hurts to lose them. That would have to be really hard on you to have him put to sleep. I'm so sorry. I must say, I've never heard of a dog having skin cancer. But from what I understand they can get any disease we can, pretty much.

• PEC
    PEC

((((((whyamihere))))))

Philip

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

((((((whyamihere))))))

I am so so sorry.... I know your heart is hurting right now. Just think about him no longer suffering or being in pain. I'll be thinking of you today!

Babygirl...

• Tara
    Tara

(((((whyamihere))))), I am so sorry. That is so sad. I've only had my little dog for 3 years, but I can't imagine my life without him. I'm sure your Oliver loves you as much as you love him. I wish you the strength to get through what needs to be done for your poor dog.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((((((((((whyamihere))))))))))))))))))))

nj

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I've experienced your situation twice now in the last five years. I still miss my dogs desperately, as does the rest of my family. The only solace we have is that they are no longer suffering. Like you, we were willing to pay whatever was necessary; sometimes money just isn't enough.

I saw the Golden Compass this weekend. The ending song speaks of how 'her soul walks beside her.' My husband and I both agree that we lost a little bit of our souls when we lost our dogs that no longer walk beside us.

Extending my sympathy,

Justitia

• Gopher
    Gopher

So sorry, Brookie. You have done the best you can for Oliver.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

You have our sympathies Brooke, we had to put our dog down a month ago and it still hurts thinking about him. We sure were attached to our dog as I know you are yours. In the grand scheme of things it's the kind, responsible thing to do. No living breathing thing should have to suffer.

Hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit