Godless souls

by Aleman 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UU Now
    UU Now
    Simple, by understanding that the devil exists and lives among us. The story goes that God cleaned the heavens first and soon he will clean the earth. To sucsessfully win any battle, you have to take stratigic places to attack better and win the war.

Yes, I've heard that answer before, and if it works for you, that's great. But my question was rhetorical. My point is that you look at the world from your own perspective, assume we see it the same way, then question how we can stand to live in it. The answer is that we look at the world from a different perspective. If I can understand that your perspective is different, can't you understand that mine is, too?

See, the whole CIA torturing the terrorists is out there now. I also believe the terrorists torture too, not to mention that they cut heads off.

Yes, I'm aware of both those facts. That doesn't mean that torture is more common now than it was thousands of years ago.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ecclesiastes 7:10 Don't always be asking, "Where are the good old days?"
    Wise folks don't ask questions like that.

Taken from The Message Bible.

Sylvia

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

VoidEater covered some good comforting things I agree with.

I know what wouldn't bring me comfort. Hoping I'd picked the right god to serve in the right way because if I didn't, I'd be eternally punished (as most humans on earth will be if Yahweh is real). Knowing that there's no way to know which of these gods is real if there is one. Thinking there's an evil being loose on the Earth making things so bad. Thinking God, the most powerful being ever, knows as much about science as people living in the desert 4,000 years ago. Thinking that cancer, natural disasters and other terrible things could have been avoided by God not wanting to prove a point to Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit