Godless souls

by Aleman 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Morals are at an all time low this milenium then any other.

Things weren't so great in the past. People paint a far rosier picture of the past than is merited. Even the Bible itself (either in Proverbs or Ecclesiastes) says "do not say why are things not good like in the old days. It is not out of wisdom that you have said this."

I do believe in God because he has proven to me that every thing he has said has come true.

I'm happy for you that you have found an answer that works for you. It doesn't work for me, but I will never object to anyone having a personal belief system that works for them.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I havent sold any children into slavery today or stoned my heathen step son either.

I have higher morality than I did yesterday. The world at large is as was , full of people living and struggling .

I don't think a book will convince me that anything will happen outside of direct action and intent on my part.

good luck with your search for peace brother , May the light of the divine free your path of suffering.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I havent sold any children into slavery today or stoned my heathen step son either.

I have higher morality than I did yesterday. The world at large is as was , full of people living and struggling .

I don't think a book will convince me that anything will happen outside of direct action and intent on my part.

good luck with your search for peace brother , May the light of the divine free your path of suffering.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Aleman...........your back..........was it the CO visit or something. or are you just getting your hours in early so you can have a little break from preaching over the festive holiday..........anyway it appears you contradict yourself.

You quote some terrible episodes of history and then go on to say that morals in this millenium are at an all time low..........how are you measuring this..........you really need to throw out the Watchtower measure and consider for a moment some of the marvellous answers you have already been given and perhaps consider replying to them........individually........rather than just giving a blanket baa baa statement that we could find very easily in any publication of the religion you choose to follow.

Fi

PS Are you finding the meetings a little tedious????

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

If morals are at an all-time low (something I do not observe, BTW), then my point of view is supported. The contemporary Christian version of God would have no need to draw out the suffering, century after century, constantly getting worse.

I do believe in God because he has proven to me that every thing he has said has come true.

I would be interested in the specifics. What has God said, and when did it come true?

When God has spoken to me, He's said things like, "You need to take care of your own life", and, "Don't speak or live a lie". That seemed to be true. But the speaker may have been wearing a mask.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Cool. Like what?

• UU Now
    UU Now

"Morals are at an all time low this milenium then any other." If you believe that, you need to read more history.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am one of the Christians on this board. Your claim that people are worse in this milennium than any other I find very interesting as well.

In most parts of the world, we no longer cut off the hand of a thief.

No state sponsored crucifixions either.

We do not have to worship our leaders as God incarnate.

Slavery is largely eradicated.

World literacy is now possible. And potable water.

Women are not chattel. Rape is illegal.

Children and other dependents have rights.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I don't believe in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy or imaginary friends, why would I believe in God?

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Atheism or non-belief in god is the default position off all people when they are first born, they only become religious through indoctrination education. If you want to imagine not believing in god, just pretend no one ever told you about him/her/it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit