JW's in Coffee Shop Using ME as a Lesson to their Children

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I am sort of shocked and wonder if I pulled this same kind of sh*t as a Witness. I already know JW's believe they are better than everyone else, what with being God's only chosen people and all that.

Well, I am sitting at my table, minding my own business. There is a group of six JW's at the next table, three adults, three kids. If their clothing doesn't indicate that they are JW's, their discussion about the "anxieties" they face, and how glad they are to "have Jehovah to lean on" is.

My laptop has some stickers on it, not anything offensive in my opinion (one is a butterfly, one says "101 North", one says "be what you are", and one says "Reading is Sexy"). As this group was sitting and chatting, and the kids were eating their bagels and cream cheese, the littlest boy, who looked about 7 or 8, suddenly gasped and pointed at my laptop. All six heads turned and looked at it, and then their eyes moved to my face. I just looked back. (If I were to guess, it was the word "sexy" that the little boy found shocking.)

This is the part that I just couldn't believe. The father turned back to his kids and said, "You have to be careful because it's all around you, things you don't want to look at." He knew I was in ear shot. He had to have known!

I'm sorry, but lessons to your children about how NOT to be while using a person within earshot as the example is REALLY CLASSY. Sign me up for one of your Bible studies right now. I want to be JUST LIKE YOU PEOPLE.

• free2think
    free2think

With parents like that im sure their kids will be on here pretty soon.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

How incredible RUDE ! I would add more but that would be in violation of posting rule nr 3.....

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

BTW, when I read coffe shop my mind went to our Dutch oh-so-famous coffeeshops and I thought : what the heck are JW's doing there ?

But now I understand you actually meant coffee shop

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oooh, you are being such sexy bad girl. You need a spanking ;) Gotta feel sorry for dub families, like that. Give the boy another 10 yrs, and he'll be doing the double life thing, or be seriously messed up.

S

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Vivamus said:

BTW, when I read coffe shop my mind went to our Dutch oh-so-famous coffeeshops and I thought : what the heck are JW's doing there ?

But not I understand you actually ment coffee shop

LOL - OK I may live in the middle of the "Emerald Triangle" but we don't have those kinds of coffee shops here in the states, to my knowledge anyway. No, they really just serve coffee here.

• jambon1
    jambon1

80% of JW's show no human emotion. Insulting the other 'bad' people is what goes on at their meetings/conversation on a weekly basis. Why are we surprised when these things happen?

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Maybe we need JWD stickers for our laptops.

• shell69
    shell69

To denograte others is what keeps them feeling superior.

Shell69

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

could be in ten years the little boy will be an oppressively over-righteous prig like his father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit